Explore HIMSS resources, industry tools & podcasts on e-Prescribing
- e-Prescribing podcast by Patricia Hale, MD, PhD and Kevin Marvin, RPh
- What Really Is Electronic Prescribing? Monthly blog posting from HIMSS Staff member Helen Figge, PharmD, MBA, CPHIMS, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- e-Prescribing Incentive Program Comparison compares Medicare (MIPPA) & Meaningful Use (MU) Stage 1 Incentives
- Implementation Toolsets for e-Prescribing (AHRQ funded) NEW toolsets for healthcare providers and independent pharmacies
- HIMSS "How To" e-Prescribing Tip Sheet Series addresses tips on engaging consumers, patient safety readiness plans and how to prepare for incentive programs
What is e-Prescribing?
e-Prescribing is the use of electronic tools to prescribe drug prescriptions. e-Prescribing tools can include both software programs, as well as hardware like personal computers, handheld and wireless devices, and touch screens. e-Prescribing is one of the integral steps to achieving broad deployment of the EHR. Other issues related to this topic area include, but are not limited to, pharmacy automation, medication compliance, pharmacy databases, CPOE and adverse drug events (ADE).
Patient-Provider Encounter Interface Dec 10, 2013
[WEBINAR] Learn a method for intuitive documentation and retrieval ...
Interoperability Definition Champion Toolbox Dec 9, 2013
The Interoperability Definiton Toolbox is a marketing/promotional ...
mHIMSS Roadmap Dec 9, 2013
Explore mHealth strategies to integrate mobile/wireless technology ...
- Patient-Provider Encounter Interface Dec 10, 2013
10/31/13 - Evolution of Healthcare Informatics Standards
11/18/13 - Evaluating HIT Standards
Offering guidance and a historical perspective on standards and implementation, ...
11/05/13 - HIMSS Veterans Career Services Initiative
11/27/13 - Top 10 Steps to Take Before Launching a Population Health Management Program
Expert advice from Claudia Blackburn, a healthcare technology consultant ...
09/30/13 - It’s Not About the Platform, it’s About the Functionality
The highlights of the FDA's final guidance on mobile medical APPs ...
- 10/31/13 - Evolution of Healthcare Informatics Standards
Midwest Gateway HIMSS Chapter | Holiday Social
Bristol Bar and Grill | Creve Coeur, MO
To Tweet or Not to Tweet: The Keys to deploying Successful Social Media Tools
Wisconsin HIMSS Chapter | Business Intelligence in Healthcare
Todd Wehr Conference Center | Milwaukee, WI