Explore HIMSS resources, industry tools & podcasts on e-Prescribing
- e-Prescribing podcast by Patricia Hale, MD, PhD and Kevin Marvin, RPh
- What Really Is Electronic Prescribing? Monthly blog posting from HIMSS Staff member Helen Figge, PharmD, MBA, CPHIMS, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- e-Prescribing Incentive Program Comparison compares Medicare (MIPPA) & Meaningful Use (MU) Stage 1 Incentives
- Implementation Toolsets for e-Prescribing (AHRQ funded) NEW toolsets for healthcare providers and independent pharmacies
- HIMSS "How To" e-Prescribing Tip Sheet Series addresses tips on engaging consumers, patient safety readiness plans and how to prepare for incentive programs
What is e-Prescribing?
e-Prescribing is the use of electronic tools to prescribe drug prescriptions. e-Prescribing tools can include both software programs, as well as hardware like personal computers, handheld and wireless devices, and touch screens. e-Prescribing is one of the integral steps to achieving broad deployment of the EHR. Other issues related to this topic area include, but are not limited to, pharmacy automation, medication compliance, pharmacy databases, CPOE and adverse drug events (ADE).
08/06/14 - Center for Patient and Family-Centered Care
HIMSS and the National eHealth Collaborative (NeHC) have merged to ...
08/25/14 - mHealth
Mobile Health is the globally-focused initiative of HIMSS advancing ...
09/10/14 - Meaningful Use OneSource
Meaningful Use OneSource assists eligible healthcare providers and ...
09/17/14 - Health IT Public Policy
HIMSS seeks to educate and inform Congress, federal agencies, state ...
07/14/14 - Clinical Informatics
Clinical Informatics (aka. Health Informatics) promotes the understanding, ...
- 08/06/14 - Center for Patient and Family-Centered Care
First Do No Harm - Using Identity Resolution and Patient Matching to Ensure Patient SafetyVirtual Event
Managing to Thrive in Mobility PlanningVirtual Event
Meeting the National Patient Safety Goal: Do You Know Your Number? What Resources Can You Count On?Virtual Event