Explore HIMSS resources, industry tools & podcasts on e-Prescribing
- e-Prescribing podcast by Patricia Hale, MD, PhD and Kevin Marvin, RPh
- What Really Is Electronic Prescribing? Monthly blog posting from HIMSS Staff member Helen Figge, PharmD, MBA, CPHIMS, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- e-Prescribing Incentive Program Comparison compares Medicare (MIPPA) & Meaningful Use (MU) Stage 1 Incentives
- Implementation Toolsets for e-Prescribing (AHRQ funded) NEW toolsets for healthcare providers and independent pharmacies
- HIMSS "How To" e-Prescribing Tip Sheet Series addresses tips on engaging consumers, patient safety readiness plans and how to prepare for incentive programs
What is e-Prescribing?
e-Prescribing is the use of electronic tools to prescribe drug prescriptions. e-Prescribing tools can include both software programs, as well as hardware like personal computers, handheld and wireless devices, and touch screens. e-Prescribing is one of the integral steps to achieving broad deployment of the EHR. Other issues related to this topic area include, but are not limited to, pharmacy automation, medication compliance, pharmacy databases, CPOE and adverse drug events (ADE).
09/24/14 - mHealth
Mobile Health is the globally-focused initiative of advancing the ...
09/26/14 - Center for Patient and Family-Centered Care
HIMSS and the National eHealth Collaborative (NeHC) have merged to ...
09/10/14 - Meaningful Use OneSource
Meaningful Use OneSource assists eligible healthcare providers and ...
09/29/14 - Health IT Public Policy
HIMSS seeks to educate and inform Congress, federal agencies, state ...
09/24/14 - Electronic Health Records
Electronic Health Records (EHR) are a longitudinal electronic record ...
- 09/24/14 - mHealth
CCF and UH Imaging SeminarHIMSS Innovation Center
Oregon HIMSS Chapter | 2014 Annual ConferenceVancouver, WA
Improving Clinical Screening through Patient Self-ServiceVirtual Event