Explore HIMSS resources, industry tools & podcasts on e-Prescribing
- e-Prescribing podcast by Patricia Hale, MD, PhD and Kevin Marvin, RPh
- What Really Is Electronic Prescribing? Monthly blog posting from HIMSS Staff member Helen Figge, PharmD, MBA, CPHIMS, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- e-Prescribing Incentive Program Comparison compares Medicare (MIPPA) & Meaningful Use (MU) Stage 1 Incentives
- Implementation Toolsets for e-Prescribing (AHRQ funded) NEW toolsets for healthcare providers and independent pharmacies
- HIMSS "How To" e-Prescribing Tip Sheet Series addresses tips on engaging consumers, patient safety readiness plans and how to prepare for incentive programs
What is e-Prescribing?
e-Prescribing is the use of electronic tools to prescribe drug prescriptions. e-Prescribing tools can include both software programs, as well as hardware like personal computers, handheld and wireless devices, and touch screens. e-Prescribing is one of the integral steps to achieving broad deployment of the EHR. Other issues related to this topic area include, but are not limited to, pharmacy automation, medication compliance, pharmacy databases, CPOE and adverse drug events (ADE).
Fact Sheet: Voluntary 2015 Certified EHR Technology Proposed Rule Apr 18, 2014
View HIMSS Fact Sheet: Voluntary 2015 Certified EHR Technology Proposed ...
CMS Updates Hardship Exemptions for 2013 Reporting Year Apr 18, 2014
CMS Updates Hardship Exemptions for 2013 Reporting Year
Fact Sheet: Stark Exceptions and Anti-Kickback Safe Harbors for EHRs Apr 18, 2014
View HIMSS Fact Sheet: Stark Exceptions and Anti-Kickback Safe Harbors ...
- Fact Sheet: Voluntary 2015 Certified EHR Technology Proposed Rule Apr 18, 2014
02/21/14 - Meaningful Use OneSource
Meaningful Use OneSource assists eligible healthcare providers and ...
04/17/14 - Health IT Public Policy
Lives can be saved, outcomes of care improved, and costs reduced ...
04/17/14 - Health Business Solutions
Healthcare providers! Learn how to better manage your business operations ...
02/10/14 - Health IT Body of Knowledge
An introductory guide to essential definitions, descriptions and ...
02/10/14 - Electronic Health Records
Electronic Health Records (EHR) are a longitudinal electronic record ...
- 02/21/14 - Meaningful Use OneSource
AHIMA's 2014 ICD-10-CM/PCS & CAC SUMMITWashington D.C.
New York HIMSS Chapter | CPHIMS Training ClassNew York City
Texas HIMSS Chapters Regional Conference