Explore HIMSS resources, industry tools & podcasts on e-Prescribing
- e-Prescribing podcast by Patricia Hale, MD, PhD and Kevin Marvin, RPh
- What Really Is Electronic Prescribing? Monthly blog posting from HIMSS Staff member Helen Figge, PharmD, MBA, CPHIMS, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- e-Prescribing Incentive Program Comparison compares Medicare (MIPPA) & Meaningful Use (MU) Stage 1 Incentives
- Implementation Toolsets for e-Prescribing (AHRQ funded) NEW toolsets for healthcare providers and independent pharmacies
- HIMSS "How To" e-Prescribing Tip Sheet Series addresses tips on engaging consumers, patient safety readiness plans and how to prepare for incentive programs
What is e-Prescribing?
e-Prescribing is the use of electronic tools to prescribe drug prescriptions. e-Prescribing tools can include both software programs, as well as hardware like personal computers, handheld and wireless devices, and touch screens. e-Prescribing is one of the integral steps to achieving broad deployment of the EHR. Other issues related to this topic area include, but are not limited to, pharmacy automation, medication compliance, pharmacy databases, CPOE and adverse drug events (ADE).
Trends in HIE Organizational Staffing (CMS eHealth Forum, December 2013) Mar 7, 2014
Overview of results and recommendations from 2011 HIMSS/AHIMA collaboration ...
The State of HIE in Colorado (Fall 2013) Mar 7, 2014
Overview of Colorado's LTPAC Challenge Grant to improve care transitions ...
HIE Industry Updates - Fall 2013 HIE Community Roundtable Mar 7, 2014
Overview of ONC-sponsored HIE governance activities presented on ...
- Trends in HIE Organizational Staffing (CMS eHealth Forum, December 2013) Mar 7, 2014
02/04/14 - Health IT Public Policy
Lives can be saved, outcomes of care improved, and costs reduced ...
02/21/14 - Meaningful Use OneSource
Meaningful Use OneSource assists eligible healthcare providers and ...
01/08/14 - mHIMSS Roadmap
Explore mHealth strategies to integrate mobile/wireless technology ...
02/10/14 - Medical Banking & Revenue Cycle Improvement
Healthcare providers! Learn how to better manage your business operations ...
02/10/14 - Health IT Body of Knowledge
An introductory guide to essential definitions, descriptions and ...
- 02/04/14 - Health IT Public Policy
M2Mhealth - Engaged for Success
Today's Digital Hospital: Improving clinical workflow and patient care
Transform the Datacenter - An Intelligent Infrastructure for Health