Explore HIMSS resources, industry tools & podcasts on e-Prescribing
- e-Prescribing podcast by Patricia Hale, MD, PhD and Kevin Marvin, RPh
- What Really Is Electronic Prescribing? Monthly blog posting from HIMSS Staff member Helen Figge, PharmD, MBA, CPHIMS, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- e-Prescribing Incentive Program Comparison compares Medicare (MIPPA) & Meaningful Use (MU) Stage 1 Incentives
- Implementation Toolsets for e-Prescribing (AHRQ funded) NEW toolsets for healthcare providers and independent pharmacies
- HIMSS "How To" e-Prescribing Tip Sheet Series addresses tips on engaging consumers, patient safety readiness plans and how to prepare for incentive programs
What is e-Prescribing?
e-Prescribing is the use of electronic tools to prescribe drug prescriptions. e-Prescribing tools can include both software programs, as well as hardware like personal computers, handheld and wireless devices, and touch screens. e-Prescribing is one of the integral steps to achieving broad deployment of the EHR. Other issues related to this topic area include, but are not limited to, pharmacy automation, medication compliance, pharmacy databases, CPOE and adverse drug events (ADE).
07/23/14 - mHealth
The mHealth Community is the globally-focused mobile initiative of ...
07/10/14 - Meaningful Use OneSource
Meaningful Use OneSource assists eligible healthcare providers and ...
05/14/14 - Health Business Solutions
Healthcare providers! Learn how to better manage your business operations ...
07/10/14 - Health IT Public Policy
HIMSS seeks to educate and inform Congress, federal agencies, state ...
04/30/14 - Creating a Sustainable Business Foundation for mHealth
This blog post details ways in which organizations can best design ...
- 07/23/14 - mHealth
Hawaii-Alaska HIMSS Chapter | Engaging the PatientHonolulu, HI
mHealth Open Mic Series | Demonstrating Value in Mobile: C Suite Interactions & mHealthVirtual Event
Acing the Audit: How Medical Devices Impact Your HIPAA, Meaningful Use and FDA ComplianceVirtual Event