Administrative Simplification for Patients
Assure that care system is easy to navigate and all patient billing is accurate, timely, and understandable.
- Incorporate a Master Patient Index such that every patient in organization has one identifying number
- Reuse existing administrative and demographic data for each new encounter within the organization
- Online and mobile access to pre-populated pre-encounter data forms for verification purposes
- Online and mobile access to scheduling information (including referrals and procedures)
- Ability for patients to schedule primary care (or with physician of record) using online and using mobile devices
- Online and mobile access to prescription refills
- Appropriately format and repurpose historical data as appropriate for work, school or camp physicals
- Accurate, up to date billing information and patient invoices in patient oriented language
- Access to reliable and timely insurance information
- Access to out-of-pocket costs for various care services
- Access to online and mobile forms and applications as appropriate.