The ACCE-HIMSS Excellence in Clinical Engineering and Information Technology Synergies Award recognizes leadership in promoting and implementing synergies between the clinical engineering and information technology professions with contributions either professional or technical in nature. The Boards of Directors of both organizations jointly select the recipient.
The recipient of the Excellence in Clinical Engineering and Information Technology Synergies Award is selected jointly by the Boards of Directors of the American College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE) and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
The call for applications is closed. Winners will be notified in December 2016. The call for applications will open again in July 2017.
Eligibility and required criteria:
- Current membership in good standing of both ACCE and HIMSS
- Active participation in either professional or organizational activities of ACCE or HIMSS
- Demonstrated leadership in promoting or implementing significant synergies between the clinical engineering and information technology professions
- Advances the professional standards embraced by ACCE and HIMSS
- Currently not serving on the Board of Directors for ACCE or HIMSS
The online application form will ask for the following information:
- A completed application form
- A brief biographical sketch or current resume
- A description of how the nominee meets the Award criteria, with supporting documentation
- At least one letter of endorsement from a colleague of the nominee
The Application Review and Selection Process:
- All of the application materials will be reviewed by the Award Selection Committee
- Staff will forward the committee recommendation to the Board officers of both ACCE and HIMSS for review and approval
- All nominees shall be notified of the status of their applications
The ACCE-HIMSS Clinical Engineering and Information Technology Synergies Award consists of:
- Symbol of Recognition
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS Publication
- Invitation to the Annual Awards and Recognition Dinner
The award may be made to an individual from the clinical engineering or information technology professions or may be shared between two individuals from the clinical engineering and information technology professions who have cooperated in their efforts.
Jennifer Jackson, MBA, CCE