The SHS/HIMSS Excellence in Healthcare Management Engineering/Process Improvement Award recognizes leadership in implementing significant synergies between the process improvement and information technology professions, either professional or technical nature. The Boards of Directors of both organizations jointly select the recipient.
The call for applications is closed. Winners will be notified in December 2016. The call for applications will open again in July 2017.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Active member of both SHS and HIMSS
- Has demonstrated leadership in promoting the management engineering and/or process improvement profession
- Has demonstrated innovative and effective synergies in the profession of management engineering and/or process improvement
- Has advanced the professional level embraced by SHS and HIMSS
The Nomination Process
- Nominations are submitted using the online application
- Include a current resume or biographical profile
- A description of how the nominee meets the above Award criteria
Individuals currently serving on either the SHS or HIMSS board are ineligible.
Nomination Review and Selection Process
- All of the nomination materials are reviewed by the Award Selection Committee
- staff will forward the committee recommendation to the Board officers of both SHS and HIMSS for review and approval
- The recipient of the Award will be notified by staff
- The award will be announced within each society at the SHS Annual Conference and HIMSS Annual Conference
Todd Schneider, DSHS, FHIMSS
For more information, contact email@example.com.