The Distinguished Fellows Service Award recognizes commendable and long-standing contributions to the Society made by a Fellow Member. The Distinguished Fellows Service Award can be made for a single exceptional contribution, for a sustained contribution, or for a lifetime of exceptional service.
The call for applications is closed. Winners will be notified in December 2016. The call for applications will open again in July 2017.
Eligibility and Required Criteria
The candidate must be a HIMSS Fellow Member in good standing for a minimum of two years.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional advancement
- Contributed as a volunteer in the advancement of HIMSS goals and objectives
- Actively supported HIMSS mission and membership growth
- Made outstanding contributions to the principles for which HIMSS stands
The Nomination Process
Nominations can be made by any Fellow Member.
- All nominations are reviewed by the HIMSS Fellow Award Workgroup
- Staff forward the Workgroup recommendation to the Board of Directors for final review and approval
The nomination for a HIMSS Service award must include:
- A brief biographical sketch of the individual to be recognized by the award
- A concise description of the aspects of the person's contribution that cause her or him to be worthy of special recognition by HIMSS
- at least one letter of reference outlining how the nominee meets the required criteria listed above
The Distinguished Fellows Service Award consists of:
- Symbol of Recognition
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS publication
- Invitation to the Annual Awards Dinner
Greg Wolverton, FHIMSS
For more information, contact email@example.com.