The John A. Page Outstanding Service Award recognizes commendable and long-standing contributions to the Society.
The call for applications is closed. Winners will be notified in December 2016. The call for applications will open again in July 2017.
The Outstanding Service Award can be made for a single exceptional contribution, for a sustained contribution, or for a lifetime of exceptional service. Nominees must be active HIMSS members in good standing. Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be HIMSS members in good standing for at least five years
- Demonstrate leadership in professional advancement
- Contribute as a volunteer in the advancement of HIMSS goals and objectives
- Actively support HIMSS mission and membership growth
- Has made outstanding contributions to the principles for which HIMSS stands
Individuals currently serving on the HIMSS Board of Directors are ineligible.
Award Frequency and Timing
The John A. Page Outstanding Service Award is given every year at the Annual Awards Dinner at the Annual Conference and Exhibition.
The Nomination Process
- Nominations may be received from any member, staff, or outside party
- Nominations must be received in the format provided
- Nominations are reviewed by the Awards Selection Workgroup
- Recommendations are sent to the Board for final approval
The John A. Page Outstanding Service Award consists of:
- Symbol of Recognition
- Publication of information in an official HIMSS publication
- Invitation to the Annual Awards Dinner
Matt Smith, CPHIMS
For more information, contact email@example.com.