The call for nominations are now closed. Award recipients will be announced in December 2017/January 2018. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
HIMSS 2017 Recipient
Emma Cartmell Hochman
Purpose and History
The John A. Page Outstanding Service Award recognizes commendable and long-standing contributions to the Society.
To be considered for the award, nominees must demonstrate the following:
- A single exceptional contribution, a sustained contribution, or a lifetime of exceptional service.
Additional Eligibility and Required Criteria
- Represents the highest standards of leadership in Health IT;
- Is respected and recognized as a role model to peers in the industry;
- Current membership in good standing of HIMSS for at least five years;
- Contribute as a volunteer in the advancement of HIMSS goals and objectives;
- Actively support HIMSS mission and membership growth;
- Has made outstanding contributions to the principles for which HIMSS stands;
- Is not currently serving on one of HIMSS boards (HIMSS NA, HIMSS Analytics, PCHA, etc.)
- Cannot be currently employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS; and
- Award judges are ineligible to be nominated.
Previous award recipients who have won this award in the past five years are exempt from consideration. Please refrain from submitting a nomination for someone who fits this criteria.
The Nomination Process
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the award. Only completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form;
- A brief biographical sketch that demonstrates why the nominee should be considered for the award (1,000 words or less); and
- Resume/curriculum vitae.
The John A. Page Outstanding Service Award consists of:
- Symbol of recognition;
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS publication and on relevant website(s).
For more information, contact email@example.com.