The call for applications is closed. Winners will be notified in December 2016. The call for applications will open again in July 2017.
Purpose & History
The HIMSS-ANI Nursing Informatics Leadership Award recognizes a nursing informatics leader who demonstrates significant leadership contributions by optimizing health engagements and care outcomes through information technology (IT). This award is given to an individual for success and achievement as a nursing informatics leader in a provider, supplier, or academic organization, or a professional society. The recipient is selected jointly by the HIMSS North America (NA) Board of Directors and the Governing Directors of the Alliance for Nursing Informatics (ANI).
Eligibility and Required Criteria
- Currently employed as a nursing informatics leader in a provider, supplier, or academic organization, or a professional society;
- Current membership in good standing with HIMSS and/or an ANI member organization;
- Nominees must be a member in good standing for five consecutive years of HIMSS or any of the other ANI member organizations;
- Demonstrates leadership in Nursing Informatics, including but not limited to clinical systems development, education, implementation and/or optimization towards advancing the health status of patients and consumers;
- Has applied clinical systems tools and techniques impacting clinician workflow efficiency and/or productivity;
- Has demonstrated active nursing informatics leadership through effective use of IT in support of the strategic initiatives of his/her organization;
- Represents the highest standards of leadership in health IT;
- Is respected and recognized as a role model to peers in the industry; has advanced the professional standards embraced by HIMSS and ANI;
- Is currently not serving on the HIMSS NA Board of Directors or the ANI Governing Directors;
- Has made outstanding contributions to the principles for which HIMSS and ANI stand, including but not limited to:
- Supporting and participating in lifelong learning opportunities
- Supporting and promoting HIMSS and/or ANI as a recognized thought leader in the industry
The Nomination Process
Any person meeting eligibility requirements may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the award.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form;
- A brief biographical sketch (1,000 words or less);
- Two letters of recommendation from HIMSS and/or ANI members;
- A concise description of the person’s contribution and notable achievements for a single exceptional contribution, for a sustained contribution, or for a lifetime of exceptional leadership.
The HIMSS-ANI Nursing Informatics Leadership Award consists of:
- Symbol of Recognition;
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS and ANI publication and on their relevant websites;
- Invitation to the HIMSS Awards and Recognition Gala
- Opportunity to serve on the Awards Selection Committee for the subsequent year.
|2014||Michelle R. Troseth, RN, MSN, DPNAP, FAAN|
|2013||Willa Fields, DNSc, RN, FHIMSS|
|2012||Robin S. Raiford, BSN, RN-BC, CPHIMS, FHIMSS|
|2011||Carol Bickford, PhD, RN-BC, CPHIMS & Kathleen Smith, MScEd, RN-BC, FHIMSS|
|2010||Elizabeth Johnson, MS, FCHIME, FHIMSS, CHCIO, RN-BC|
|2009||Ida Androwich, FAAN, FHIMSS, PhD, RN-BC|
|2008||Rosemary Kennedy, PhD, RN, MBA, FAAN|
|2007||Patricia Dykes, PhD, RN, FAAN, FACMI|
|2006||Judy Murphy, RN, FACMI, FHIMSS, FAAN|
|2005||Joyce Sensmeier, MS, RN-BC, CPHIMS, FHIMSS|
|2004||Victoria Bradley, DNP, RN, CPHIMS, FHIMSS|
For more information, contact email@example.com