By following best practice protocols enabled through the use of health information and technology and creating mechanisms for reporting potential safety threats, hospitals can reduce adverse events. This webinar will detail a series of best practices and technical applications to support the creation of a “culture of safety” and help mitigate potential risks to patient safety.
- Adopt a system of best practices to ensure a safety-driven reporting culture within your hospital and health system.
- Develop technology capable of testing information technology to ensure it is working correctly.
- Identify the effectiveness and good catches within your system of clinical decision support and best practice alerts.
- Tejal Gandhi, MD, MPH, CPPS, Chief Clinical & Safety Officer, IHI
- Krystal Baldwin, Director HSIR Operations and Quality, Information Resources, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Lorraine Possanza, Program Director, Partnership for Health IT Patient Safety, Risk and Quality, ECRI Institute
- Anwar Mohammad Sirajuddin, MBBS, MS, CPHIMS, Associate Chief Medical Information Officer, Memorial Hermann Health System