Is your educational institution or training program interested in being part of an exclusive group authorized to offer HIMSS-approved review courses and training programs? If so, look no further than the HIMSS Approved Education Partner (AEP) program. An Approved Education Partner is an organization who has met rigorous standards for effective health information technology and healthcare education. The HIMSS AEP designation demonstrates that an organization meets or exceeds HIMSS’ quality educational programming standards and can deliver world-class, effective health IT training and education.
Organizations that can benefit from the prestige and worldwide attention of the AEP designation may be found in academia, consulting firms, vendor organizations, and others in both the for-profit or non-profit sector.
- Define the components of the Approved Education Partner program.
- Identify the ways that your organization will benefit.
- Discuss the AEP application process.
- Mara Daiker, MS, RHIA, CPHIMS, Senior Manager, Professional Development, HIMSS
- Tiffany Champagne-Langabeer, PhD, MBA, RD, LD, Assistant Professor, School of Biomedical Informatics, University of Texas
- Robert H. Booz, Director, Healthcare IT & Initiatives, Connecticut Information Technology Institute, University of Connecticut School of Business