Interested in taking part of a HIMSS chapter sponsored Nursing Informatics Boot Camp? The intensive two-day course will focus on current informatics trends and issues in health. Other clinical professionals working in informatics may wish to take the course to become exposed to the course topics. CPHIMS/CAHIMS credits and ANCC contact hours are awarded. Contact Ms. Chris Corkins or HIMSS Kentucky Blue Grass Chapter.
- Discuss the scope and standards of nursing informatics practice
- Describe professional practice, trends and issues within the informatics nurse role
- Explore management and leadership issues affecting informatics in healthcare settings
- Identify key concepts in informatics, information technology, information management, knowledge generation and data security
- Consider human factors in relation to information technology systems
- Describe models and theories associated with informatics
- Delineate steps of the system life cycle as it applies to information technology in the health setting
Please note that the early bird rate of $399 ends on September 1. Full registration price is $499.