Real-time Prescription Benefit Inquiry Task Group Webinar Series
For the past two years, industry volunteers, through NCPDP, have been working to identify and develop use cases that support the means to provide patient-specific prescription drug benefit information to the provider at the point-of-care. Through these webinars, NCPDP is reaching out to industry to validate that the work the Task Group has undertaken meets industry's need.
Part 1 of this free two-part webinar series introduces the audience to the real-time pharmacy benefit inquiry provider request and payer response process, the use cases developed, and the next steps in the development of a national standard. Participants are encouraged to review the use case document and attend Part 2 for a more in-depth review of data requirements and for an opportunity to provide comments.
After attending this webinar, attendees will:
- Understand what a real-time pharmacy benefit transaction is and its value to the stakeholders.
- Learn why the industry needs these real-time pharmacy benefit transactions.
- Understand which parties or entities engage in the real-time pharmacy benefit transactions.
- Provide an overview of the 12 initial scenarios or "use cases."
- Understand the next steps in the development of a standard.
- Engage the audience in reviewing and understanding how to provide input or comments on the Use Case Document.
In partnership with NCPDP