The AEP Application is designed in sections. More information detailing the required information is outlined below. Organizations must complete the application when applying and an abbreviated application is required when reapplying for AEP affiliation.
Approved Education Partner Application Process
In this section, acceptable methods of payment and authorizations are detailed.
In this section, you will identify general information about the organization applying including the the executive and administrative points of contacts and discuss other general organizational information.
In this section you provide details on your organization's educational mission and goals.
- Your organization's approach to health IT education
- The duration of your organization's educational offerings
- Your organization's mission statement as well as strategic objectives that reflect a sustained commitment to health IT education.
In this section, you provide an extensive, in-depth review of one course/program/event offering created by your organization, including:
- Personnel involved in course/program/event design
- Books used to create the content
- SMEs consulted
- A syllabus/brochure complete with learning objectives
- Other aspects showing that the content created meets sound principles of educational program planning
In this section, you will agree the terms of the usage the AEP seal for all marekting materials and communications.
In section 7, you will identify and provide contact information for a current CAHIMS or CPHIMS certified individual (who is in good standing) who will participate in a review of your course/program/event materials. This reviewer will provide a subjective review of your materials in relation to the materials alignment with the CAHIMS and CPHIMS exam content outlines. In section 8, the named reviewer will attest to their review.
In this section, all of the terms and conditions including benefits of the AEP program are identified.
Application Fee: $250
Once approved, the fees vary based on your type of organization.
- For-Profit Provider ($795 Annual Fee)
- Non-Profit Provider ($695 Annual Fee)
- HIMSS Academic Organizational Affiliate ($595 Annual Fee)
AEP contracts are effective for three years, provided that the application fee is paid with the initial application and that payment is received on an annual basis or received in full upon signing your AEP Contract. Organizations must reapply for AEP affiliation every three years.