This committee focuses on the advancement of semantic interoperability and standards-based health IT systems that lead to meaningful health information exchange. As the health information exchange landscape continues to evolve, interoperability is a key driver towards achieving secure, lower cost and higher quality patient care when and where it is needed.
By leveraging the Interoperability & Standards and Health Information Exchange content areas, this committee will support HIMSS activities on the national, state and local levels, as well as HIMSS advocacy efforts around legislative, regulatory and industry-related issues.
- Provide industry leadership in key health information exchange and interoperability topic areas.
- Promote education and awareness of central activities surrounding health information exchange, interoperability and standards.
- Facilitate the growth of HIMSS membership and volunteer involvement within the Interoperability & Standards and Health Information Exchange content areas.
- Cultivate collaboration opportunities to foster integration of functionality across the continuum of care.
- Support HIMSS Chapter activities by leveraging health information exchange, interoperability and standards content and activities.