The Project Management SIG will provide opportunities for collaboration and professional development of project managers in healthcare organizations. The PM SIG will endeavor to support this mission through:
- Virtual and real-time networking opportunities
- Project Management focused sessions at the HIMSS annual conference
- Educational opportunities in addition to the annual conference
- Access to other project managers, toolkits and templates to support management of projects
- A reference library of suggested readings related to project management
If you are already a member of the Project Management SIG group, the SharePoint Portal site can be accessed by clicking the link below. User name and Password required.
Please join the HIMSS Project Management SIG monthly webinar series: Big Data and Analytics for Project Managers on the third Thursday of each month at 2:00pm Eastern.
Each webinar will cover a relevant topic in the continuum including: Big Picture; business needs; industry landscape; the changing role of PM in big data environments; governance; and tools, tips and tricks.
HIMSS16 Project Management SIG and Fellows Presentation
Recording of Past Webinars
August 18, 2016: The Old and New Frontier
June 16, 2016: A Hybrid Approach to the Use of Agile
May 19, 2016: Leadership and Team Building in a New Class of Projects
April 21, 2016: How Innovation Impacts PMs
January 21, 2016: Virginia Chapter's PM SIG Initiative
September 17, 2015: Big Data and Analytics for Project Managers
October 15, 2015: BIG DATA 101
November 19, 2015: Big Data Project Planning
December 17, 2015: Health Systems Engineering—Imperative, Implications, and Opportunities for Analytics and Data Science