Special Interest Groups
Have a special interest within healthcare IT? HIMSS has a group for you. By participating in a HIMSS Special Interest Group (SIG) you can share information, view points and experiences. SIGs offer you unique collaboration opportunities with your peers across the nation.
Interested in starting a SIG?
For detailed information on requirements and formation guidelines, please contact Kerry Amato.
For more information about a particular HIMSS SIG or to join a HIMSS SIG, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 915-9263.
Special Interest Groups
- African Americans
- Air Force CIOs
- Electronic Health Records
- Pediatric Health Informatics & Technology (PHIT)
- Project Management
- Small & Independent Consultants
- Supply Chain Management
Read our Frequently Asked Questions about Individual Membership. For additional information about SIGs, contact us at 312-915-9263 or email@example.com with questions.
Outstanding SIG Member Award
The Outstanding SIG Member Award recognizes significant and commendable volunteer contributions to a HIMSS Special Interest Group.
The call for applications is now open and will close on Friday, October 10, 2014 at 5:00 pm Central (late applications will not be accepted). Winners will be notified by January 2015.
- Click on Call for Proposals (top, left side of page)
- Click on New Submissions (middle, left side page)
- Click on the Name of the Award or Scholarship you would like to apply for
Eligibility and Criteria
The Outstanding SIG Member Award may be given for a single exceptional contribution or for a sustained contribution as a SIG Member.
- Candidates must be a member in good standing
- Contribute as a volunteer in the advancement of HIMSS goals and objectives
- Actively support the SIG's mission, objectives, and goals
The Nomination Process
A SIG may nominate one of their members or their Chair by outlining the specific contributions the nominee has made. Please use the online nomination form.
The Outstanding SIG Member Award consists of:
- Symbol of Recognition
- Public recognition in an official HIMSS publication
Washington HIMSS Chapter | NW Chapters Technology ConferenceBellevue, WA
Clinical Grade Mobility Maximizes Caregiver Productivity and Enhances Quality of CareVirtual Event
NEHI Webcast: All Payer Claims Databases (APCDS): Unlocking the PotentialVirtual Event