HIMSS invites you to submit a proposal to present a poster session at the 2017 Annual HIMSS Conference & Exhibition in Orlando, Florida. The conference will be held February 19 – 23, 2017.
The Call for Proposals for a Poster Presentation will opened on Monday, August 22, 2016 and close on Monday, October 24, 2016. Previous Emerging Professionals Poster Presenters are not eligible.
Poster session topics will include:
- Business of Healthcare and New Payment Models
- Care Coordination, Culture of Care, and Population Health
- Career/Workforce Development and Diversity
- Clinical and Business Intelligence
- Clinical Informatics and Clinician Engagement
- Compliance, Risk Management and Program Integrity
- Connected Health
- Consumer and Patient Engagement
- Cybersecurity and Privacy & Security
- Genomics/Precision Medicine
- Health Information Exchange, Interoperability and Data Access
- Human Factors, Usability and Design
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Venture Investment
- IT Infrastructure, HIT Standards and Medical Device Integration
- Leadership, Governance, Strategic Planning
- Process Improvement, Workflow, Change Management
- Quality and Patient Safety Outcomes
What is a Poster Session?
Poster sessions are designed in the vein of storyboards, using graphics, charts and other eye-catching information posted on a 4’ x 8’ bulletin board to provide attendees with a more visual means to learn about useful tools and successful case studies.
A poster session is a graphic presentation of project findings that displays graphs, charts, figures, photos, or tables, and a small amount of text on a poster board (like a storyboard). The participant is invited to prepare and post a visual summary of facts, experiences or opinions for viewing by conference attendees. The posters will be grouped together in exhibition-style rows.
The poster format allows one presenter an opportunity to speak in a more informal environment, standing next to your poster, speaking to smaller groups of people. The interaction is more personalized to the questions of the attendee/reader.
|August 22||Call for Proposals for Posters opens|
|October 24||Call for Proposals for Posters closes|
|Mid-November||Proposal acceptance or decline is announced via email notice|
|February 19 – 23||HIMSS17 Annual Conference and Exhibition in Orlando, FL|
Poster Presenter Benefits
Should your proposal be selected, as a poster session presenter, you will receive:
- Professional visibility
- 1 (one) complimentary registration to the 2017 Annual HIMSS Conference & Exhibition*
- Presenters who are HIMSS members will receive 5 HIMSS advancement points
*The complimentary registration are non-transferrable, cannot be combined with other discounts. The complimentary registration cannot be used for future conferences or other HIMSS events. Please note that several authors may contribute to the poster session and technical paper development, but only one complimentary benefit package will be granted per poster session.
For questions regarding poster submissions, please contact Maggie Van Vossen (email@example.com) (312) 915-9245.