Certified Associate in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CAHIMS)
What is CAHIMS?
CAHIMS is a new HIMSS health IT certification designed for emerging professionals within the industry (five years or less of experience). This certification demonstrates knowledge of health IT and management systems, facilitating entry-level careers in health IT. It is designed to be a career pathway to the CPHIMS credential.
The program offers an introductory review of the many facets of health IT and information management systems. Those who sit for the exam and pass it will become armed with a valuable credential, qualifying them to facilitate and improve the quality of health IT and business management systems across the healthcare setting.
Who is the CAHIMS credential for?
- Individuals looking to work in a healthcare setting or mid-level professionals seeking career change
- Those who want to learn more about health IT, including clinicians
- Non-IT professionals, working in other departments, who work as an extension of the IT department
- Those enrolled in an academic program at the undergraduate or graduate level, i.e. healthcare informatics, CAHME-accredited program, Masters in Healthcare Administration, or others students
- Veterans returning from active duty
How will the CAHIMS credential help you?
- Is an entry-level certification for people interested in healthcare information and management systems
- Demonstrates your professional knowledge in healthcare information and management systems
- Authenticates your knowledge to assist in facilitating and implementing the health IT life cycle of events
- Establishes a solid foundation that can be used to strengthen abilities, acquire more experience and advance a career path
- Is a first step toward becoming a proven leader in the industry, and may be a career pathway to CPHIMS
Contact: Fritze Roberts Program Manager, Professional Development
For questions regarding:
- CPHIMS and CAHIMS Review Courses
- Train-the-Trainer Programs
- Continuing Education
Members in Action
San Antonio HIMSS Chapter | Hand Hygiene Compliance Monitoring: How Improvements in Technology are Transforming HealthcareSan Antonio, TX
Spring 2014 HIE Community Roundtable
Standards & Interoperability-the Key to Data ExchangeWebinar