View a detailed breakdown of fees associated with the HIMSS Certification program.
HIMSS Organizational Affiliate Member - $145 US
HIMSS Member (excludes Chapter Only and Online Only members) - $185 US
Non-Member - $235 US
HIMSS Organizational Affiliate Member - $280 US
HIMSS Member - $310 US
Non-Member - $390 US
HIMSS Member - $105 US
Non-Member - $155 US
HIMSS Member - $185 US
Non-Member - $260 US
HIMSS Certification is a natural complement to many positions that veterans hold during or after active duty. Fee reimbursement eliminates a potential barrier veterans face to becoming certified in healthcare information and management systems, and may open the doors of opportunity for further advancement.
In order to be reimbursed for the HIMSS Certification Program, you must be eligible for the Montgomery G.I. Bill, Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP), Veterans Education Assistance Program (VEAP) or Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA) programs.
Applying for Fee Reimbursement for Veterans
Applying for the benefit is a simple process. Within one year of completing the HIMSS Certification Exam, send the following information to your assigned VA office:
- Your name
- Your social security number
- The name of the test (please specify "CPHIMS Examination" or "CAHIMS Examination")
- The date you took the exam
- The amount you paid in exam fees
- The name and address of the issuing organization (please specify "HIMSS, 33 West Monroe Street, Suite 1700, Chicago, IL 60603-5616")
- A copy of your exam results
- A request for reimbursement
- The following statement: "I authorize the release of my exam information to VA."
- Your signature
For more information about the benefit and eligibility requirements, visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs website or call (888) 442-4551.
To learn more about opportunities in health IT available to veterans, visit the Veterans Career Services Initiative.