HIMSS hosts a variety of different regional educational events. Below you will find event descriptions and objectives along with what you can expect to gain from these valuable events.
HIMSS is offering a new Physician Meaningful Use Dinner event. This event is a 4-hour evening, on-site education event that HIMSS will bring right to your organization.
The event will be focused on providing Meaningful Use education, resources, tools and the practical know-how towards achieving Electronic Health Record (EHR) Meaningful Use Stage 2 criteria, and will be geared for both primary care and specialty providers currently working on Meaningful Use initiatives.
By participating in this event, providers will be able to identify best practices around some of the challenges they face related to specific EHR Meaningful Use criteria, such as increasing patient engagement initiatives and Clinical Quality Measure reporting requirements, as well as learn about local initiatives that could assist with some of these activities.
Event Learning Objectives
- Review the CMS Meaningful Use Stage 2 criteria that need to be implemented in order to achieve Stage 2 MU and attest for Stage 2 EHR incentives;
- Participate in an in-depth conversation of the MU Stage 2 criteria associated with patient engagement, as well as realize best practices for strengthening the workflow and technology solutions that support those initiatives; and
- Discuss local initiatives, challenges and lessons learned through an interactive discussion featuring local subject matter experts.
If you are interested in hosting a Physician Meaningful Use Dinner event onsite at your organization, please contact Kerry Amato at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 915-9263.
HIMSS has also developed a new Nursing / Clinical Informatics Institute. The Institute will be one-day, on-site education event that HIMSS will bring right to your organization.
The event will be focused on nursing and strategic thought leadership and the exchange of best practices in nursing IT, and will be geared towards Nurse Informaticists, Clinical Informaticists, Nurse Specialists, Nurse Executives (Chief Nursing Officer, Chief Nursing Executive), Nurse Managers (Nurse administrator, manager, director), and the general nursing and clinician population.
By participating in the Institute, participants will not only be able to build on their portfolio of skills around career development but also understand their roles in implementing information technology to enhance nursing workflow, promote patient safety, and yield outcomes that improve patient care. Participants will also explore the HIMSS Nursing Informatics Community body of knowledge and thought leadership, which nurse informaticists can quickly apply to their daily practice. Additionally, participants will be connected with the major initiatives and activities impacting the nursing profession today
The final theme and topics of the Institute will get final approval from the host organization and content and topics can be customized at the discretion of the host site.
Event Learning Objectives
- Participate in exceptional educational sessions on the best use of nursing health IT and management experiences;
- Experience interaction with colleagues and nationally recognized nursing leaders by sharing knowledge, best practices, and lessons learned from their leadership perspective;
- Participate in networking opportunities to expand one’s reach in the industry; and
- Recognize the latest trends in nursing health IT as presented by subject matter experts at the pinnacle of their careers.
If you are interested in hosting the Nursing / Clinical Informatics Institute onsite at your organization, please contact Kerry Amato at email@example.com or (312) 915-9263.
Finally, the HIMSS Leadership Essentials Institute is a one-day, on-site educational program that will provide attendees with the guidance, concepts, and principles needed to help attendees achieve the pinnacle of one's career.
With the possibility of up to four generations simultaneously working in a health IT setting at any one time, emerging health IT leaders and executives need to focus more on the people and the processes that will drive personal, professional, and organization success rather than the technologies. This event will focus on those workforce core competencies, i.e., communication skills, collaboration and teamwork, business acumen, change adaptability, and emotional intelligence, and others that can lead to high performing individuals who can influence high performing teams.
HIMSS believes that this event is the vehicle to prepare tomorrow's health IT leaders and executives today by providing the education, tools, and resources to help them in their leadership journey!
Event Learning Objectives
- Gain inspiration on the strategic advantage of developing an entrepreneurial and visionary mindset;
- Understand core leadership competencies necessary to leading healthcare IT projects and staff in order to meet the demands of a constantly evolving industry, including the importance of managing up and down and across multiple departments
- Receive leadership advice and wisdom from those who have focused their careers in healthcare information technology; and
- Network and engage with their peers in the industry.
Upcoming Leadership Essentials Institute Events
If you are interested in hosting the Leadership Essentials Institute onsite at your organization, please contact Maggie Van Vossen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 915-9245.