HIMSS Chapter HIE Liaisons serve in a strategic role, leveraging their local, regional and state knowledge with HIMSS national activities focused around the promotion of healthcare information technology (HIT) and the deployment of health information exchange organizations. In turn, HIMSS Chapters may leverage HIMSS national activities with their grassroots activities. The HIMSS Chapter HIE Liaison is a chapter appointed position.
To qualify for the role of Chapter HIE Liaison, you should be an active chapter member who:
- has a passionate interest in and/or involvement with HIO/HIE initiative activities
- can engage and lead HIO/HIE initiative activities within their chapter
- can represent their local, regional and state HIO and HIE initiatives activities within HIMSS national activities
Chapter HIE Liaison Role:
Be a Chapter Connector at the Local & National Levels
At the Chapter Level:
Serve as your Chapter’s HIE leader!
- Be the Chapter’s HIE point of contact
- Identify the Chapter’s HIE topics of interest and ACT!
Monitor HIE activities at your local, regional and state level
- Know the key players (State CIO, State Level HIE, RECs, Beacons, etc.)
- Keep your Chapter informed on HIE/HIO activities
Engage in Chapter HIE educational programming
- Identify Chapter HIE-focused meetings & networking opportunities
- Leverage HIMSS National & Regional activities
Participate in Chapter relationship building across your state
At HIMSS National Level:
Attend HIMSS Chapter Advocate Roundtable (CAR) monthly calls
- Represent HIE at the grassroots local level
- Third Friday of each month at 12:00 Eastern
Participate in HIMSS HIE content volunteer opportunities
- Share your experience and knowledge at the national level
Leverage HIMSS national HIE content resources with Chapter activities
Mari Greenberger, Director, Informatics at firstname.lastname@example.org / (312) 915-9201.
Connect with HIMSS Health Information Exchange Resources and Services
Check out the HIMSS State HIT Dashboard!