HIMSS Interoperability & Standards Resources
- NEW! HIMSS Response to the 2016 Interoperability Standards Advisory
- ONC Releases the Final 2016 Interoperability Standards Advisory
- HIMSS Interoperability Roadmap and Standards Advisory Fact Sheet
- Evaluating HIT Standards: Key Principles to Support Healthcare IT Interoperability in the United States
- HIMSS Respose to the 2015 Interoperability Standards Advisory
Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) for Health Information Technology
The Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) for Health Information Technology within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has included numerous standards as part of the adoption of meaningful use electronic health record (EHR) certification and as guidance for health information exchange in general. The following links provide some direction by ONC on health IT standards and interoperability.