On Thursday, November 2, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released Final Rules for the 2018 Quality Payment Program (QPP) and 2018 Physician Fee Schedule (PFS).
The Key Takeaways from the QPP and the PFS Final Rules include the following:
- Reducing Clinician Burden Remains of Paramount Concern
- CMS is Intent on Continuing to Ease Clinicians into Meeting QPP Requirements with Bonus Points
- CMS is Adding Several PFS Telehealth Codes and Easing Administrative Reporting Burdens but Telehealth Remains a Secondary Focus in QPP
- Separate PFS Payment to be Made for a CPT Code that Describes Remote Patient Monitoring
- Clinician Participation in the Advanced APM Track is Expected to Jump for 2018/2020
- Cost Becomes a MIPS Scoring Factor in the 2018 Performance Year
- Virtual Groups Policy is Formalized for 2018
- CMS Established an Automatic Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstance Policy to Address Hurricanes and Other Disasters in 2017
If you have questions, or need more information, please feel free to reach out to Jeff Coughlin, Senior Director, Federal & State Affairs.