What is the HIMSS G7?
HIMSS G7 is a World Bank-endorsed thought leadership assembly that meets three times per year to realize the healthcare financial network of the future. HIMSS G7 combines thought leadership and action around key IT projects to positively transform healthcare (i.e., ICD-10 implementation).
Representation within the HIMSS G7 falls among seven categories: provider, health plan, bank, government, consumer, employer and technology firms. Each HIMSS G7 meeting is captured in an Advisory Report that comprises a thoughtful discourse of issues and series of recommendations.
HIMSS G7 is supported by an exclusive group of sponsors providing rich feedback and guidance around our vision and projects. Among the projects that have been launched with great success are:
- The ICD-10 PlayBook
- The Healthcare Business Community at the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase™
- World Bank Fellowship: Establishing a policy framework for health IT investment in developing countries
The HIMSS G7...
- Brings together strategic thinking and a cross-sector view around sustainable business models
- Looks across geographic boundaries towards a world view of transformed health systems
- Helps define and envision the future state of the healthcare financial network
- Examines topics spurring investment in new directions for the digital business of healthcare
- Impacts all of the healthcare stakeholders through its Advisory Reports designed for healthcare and financial communities, and others
- Generates innovative approaches to harness health IT in meeting the needs of healthcare stakeholders
HIMSS G7 Guiding Principles
- Make data available across the network (data liquidity)
- Assume regulations can be questioned when they are a barrier to the network
- Provide thought leadership recommendations to inform industry policies
- Engage a multi-stakeholder perspective
- Test the infrastructure models through “use cases” (e.g., Accountable Care Organizations (ACO), episodes of care, Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Fee-for-service (FFS))
HIMSS G7 Advisory Reports
The Healthcare Payment Experience June 2013
Healthcare in the United States is facing a problem not seen for decades. The rising portion of a patient’s liability in paying a healthcare bill is causing consumers to evaluate healthcare options based on cost.
In the Spotlight: Electronic Business Transformation September 2011
ICD-10 PlayBook Advisory Report April 2011
HIMSS G7 Meeting and Sponsorship Opportunities
The HIMSS G7 platform offers an unparalleled opportunity for organizations to identify with designing the healthcare financial network of the future.
Organizations that benefit from the development of the G7 platform include:
- Providers gain operational improvements and better business intelligence
- Employers can offer effective tools that help employees to improve health and lifestyle
- Health plans will find new ways to team with banks and reduce operating costs
- Banks enter a whole new paradigm for investment and relationships
- Government gains a new view of public health issues that could impact policy
- Consumers find compelling programs that merge health-wealth information
- Technology firms engage new distribution channels and business models
Thank You HIMSS G7 Sponsors for underwriting our industry transformation platform!
Founded in 1945, Kaiser Permanente is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit health plans, serving more than 8.9 million members in nine states and the District of Columbia. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Kaiser Permanente's mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
Optum™ is an information and technology-enabled health services business platform. We specialize in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology, and consulting services. By implementing our solutions, we can help you prepare for ICD-10, expand operating margins, and increase CMI with advanced computer-assisted coding and CDI solutions.
Sentry Data Systems, Inc., is a healthcare technology company with industry leading pharmacy management solutions that provide compliance, order flow optimization, and significant financial benefits to hundreds of hospitals and retail pharmacies across the country. Visit SentryDS.com for more information about our applications and our expertise.