HIMSS joins forces with leading industry partners to shape the future of healthcare technology!
American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN)
The American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN) is the association of professional nurses and associates who:
- Identify ambulatory care practice as a specialty that is essential to the continuum of accessible, high quality, and cost-effective health care.
- Are committed to their professional development and the quality of patient care in an ambulatory care environment and seek to actively engage in a community of like-minded professionals.
- Foster understanding and appreciation for the vital role of professional registered nurses as leaders, coordinators of patient care, and care providers in an ambulatory care setting.
Today, membership is open to nurses and other professionals interested in ambulatory care and telehealth nursing. Corporations and individual corporate representatives are also welcomed as members. AAACN is the only specialty nursing association that focuses on excellence in ambulatory care.
ANI (Alliance for Nursing Informatics)
Cosponsored by AMIA & HIMSS, ANI represents thousands of nurses and bring together nursing informatics groups that function separately at local, regional, national and international levels. Our vision is to transform health and health care through nursing informatics. Our mission is to advance nursing informatics practice, education, policy and research through a unified voice of nursing informatics organizations.
Nursing 2014 is an award-winning, how-to journal that provides practical information for all nurses. This peer-review journal is nursing's first choice for updates on a comprehensive range of nursing topics, including clinical and professional information on drugs, diseases, nursing care strategies, and legal/ethical issues. The journal's dedication to clinical excellence ensure nurses receive the latest expert advice for their fast-changing profession.
Nursing Management is the leading journal for current and aspiring nurse leaders. Focusing on management and leadership trends as they affect the nursing sector, Nursing Management provides trusted advice for senior managers, nurses in leadership roles and aspiring nurse leaders across all disciplines.
Future of Nursing
HIMSS is a proud collaborative partner with the AARP, the Center to Champion Nursing in America, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the Champion Nursing Coalition, and the Nursing Community to advance the future of nursing, healthcare and the Institute of Medicine’s Report Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.
Campaign for Action Dashboard Indicators: View the Dashboard which provides graphic representation of measurable goals that the Campaign for Action used to evaluate our efforts in support of IOM's recommendations
The TIGER Community is led by the HIMSS TIGER Steering Committee which is charged with providing domain expertise, leadership and guidance to activities, initiatives, and collaborations within the interprofessional community.
- Reforming clinician education curriculum through the integration of IT, information literacy, informatics and the infusion of technologies for learning in a robust Virtual Learning Environment.
- Developing and implementing learning innovations; fostering faculty development and ensuring universities and providers have the necessary health IT education infrastructure.
- Identifying, modeling and implementing collaborative partnerships among public and private academic enterprises to launch a graduate student intern Informatics Scholar Program.
- Increasing faculty and student acceptance and understanding of health IT technology through education and training, incentives and necessary supports.