- Join your peers - HIMSS members encompass a broad range of professional roles from CIOs, clinicians, and financial experts to consultants, project managers, and systems analysts. Build the peer networks necessary to achieve your goals.
- Be a leader - As a member and volunteer you have the opportunity to help create content including educational resources and influential policy positions all while earning leadership experience.
- Access content - Each year HIMSS volunteers and staff publish hundreds of content pieces including educational events, thought leadership pieces, public policy positions, on-demand topical webinars and publications.
- Save money! - Members receive complimentary access to hundreds of valuable resources and save an average of 20% on publications and educational events.
- Stay informed - Members receive a complimentary monthly subscription to Healthcare IT News.
Why should you be a HIMSS member?
HIMSS offers a variety of educational opportunities including on-demand courses through the eLearning Academy, live broadcast webinars, and in-person events.
• eLearning Academy: Over 1,000 courses and sessions available.
• Virtual Events: Year-round interactive education on hot industry topics.
• Health Informatics Training System (HITS): New to the industry? This self-directed course will provide you baseline to begin your career.
• Partner Programs: Earn a certificate from one of HIMSS partner universities.
• HIMSS Annual Conference: Connect with over 35,000 of your closest peers, educators, policy shapers, and innovators.
• mHealth Summit: Learn from leaders across the mHealth ecosystem.
• Regional events: Engage with local leaders on topics effecting your area.
CAHIMS: Is an entry-level certification that establishes a solid foundation to strengthen abilities, acquire more experience and advance a career path.
CPHIMS: Distinguish yourself and expand your career opportunities by validating your knowledge, competency and credibility.
HIMSS publishes a variety of publications to help you stay on top of the latest industry news, trends and developments.
HIMSS believes that lives can be saved, outcomes of care improved, and costs reduced by transforming the healthcare system through the appropriate use of information technology (IT) and management systems.
Our industry leaders are developing the resources you need to make sound strategic decisions.