Sparrow Health System
Located in Lansing, MI, the organization has employed mobile health for neurological health treatment per-taining to stroke care. A stroke neurologist located in a metropolitan area is able to diagnose a patient (often at a rural site) using their smart device.
Sparrow Health System utilizes mobile tech-nology for patient care for several reasons:
- Patient accessibility to a specialist in the field of stroke
- To transform the way care is delivered
- Patient referral base can expand (and thus increase ROI)
A video may be viewed for further detail of Sparrow Hospitals usage of mobile health in early stroke detection18:
A large Ophthalmological Center in Michigan is testing mobile usage during an occuplastic surgeon’s external and slit lamp examination of a patient. The surgeon is able to capture still and live images on his/her smart device anytime and anywhere. The organization is using mo-bile devices to provide this specialized exam to a broader number of patients and deter-mine the results of this new initiative. The center believes the following reasons help support the initiative:
- Convenience and immediate health care to targeted patient population (patient does not need to reschedule appointment for a time when surgeon is physically at location)
- Ability to attend to more patients (increased ROI potential)
- Procedures may be reimbursed fully for care (increased ROI potential)
These examples indicate not only the us-age of the latest technology within specific service lines of health care, but also the potential for increased ROI based on a greater capture of patients, increased patient and physician satisfaction and better reimbursement potential.
For more case studies on how mHealth is making an impact click here.