CHICAGO (July 6, 2016) – HIMSS is now accepting nominations and applications for awards and scholarships that recognize significant professional contributions to the field of health IT, from outstanding industry service and leadership, service to HIMSS, chapter activity, and publications. Many talented people work in health IT but few take the time to nominate someone. Make someone’s day by nominating them. Online nominations and applications for both awards and scholarships will be accepted through Monday, Aug. 29 at 5 p.m. CT.
“I value the spirit of community that HIMSS creates in fostering collaboration, knowledge sharing, and advancing health IT to support those that provide patient care, as well as delivering solutions that improve patient outcomes,” said Jason Bickford, MCSE, Banner Health, 2015 Founders Leadership Award recipient.
“The HIMSS Health IT Awards program honors members who have worked toward our vision of improving health through the use of IT. Lifetime achievement, scholarship programs, activities or publications - HIMSS honors individuals, groups, and organizations for significant contributions to the Society, and the field of health IT, “said JoAnn Klinedinst, M.Ed., CPHIMS, PMP, DES, FHIMSS, vice president, professional development, HIMSS North America.
Tips to follow for award and scholarship nominations:
- Apply or submit an awards nomination on the HIMSS awards page.
- Apply for a HIMSS Foundation or HIMSS chapter scholarship on the HIMSS scholarship page.
- Meet the deadline; submit all applications by 5 p.m. CDT on Aug. 29.
- Visit the HIMSS website for announcement of the winners in December 2016.
- Join the celebration and buy a ticket for the HIMSS17 Awards Gala when registering for the conference, Feb. 19-23, 2017, in Orlando, Fla.
Learn more about HIMSS17.