Nominations are now being accepted for open positions on the HIMSS North America Board of Directors. By August 18, 2017, please send all nominations (self-nominations or other) to Denise Ambrose.
Solicitation Period: June 30, 2017 – August 18, 2017
Term of Service: July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2021
Candidates must reflect the Board’s stated needs. Candidates must be eligible Regular members, Life members, senior executive representatives of Corporate / Non-Profit Partner members who have achieved advanced membership status (Senior or Fellow) prior to the slate being presented to the Board, and such other eligible persons. Candidates include persons with a demonstrated ability and aptitude for strategic thinking and with experience in governance; and is representative of the entire membership as defined by Board policy.
- Quarterly, one full-day face-to-face meeting (calling in is not an option). Please note that the winter Board meeting is 1.5 days.
- Quarterly, a reception and dinner the evening before a Board meeting.
- Approximately three one-hour Board conference calls annually.
- Availability and willingness to serve, as requested on:
- Board Committee(s)
- Other Boards of Directors: IHE, HIMSS Board of Managers, HIMSS Media, PCHAlliance, and/or HIMSS Analytics
- Mentor to incoming Board members
- Upon request, representing HIMSS in external settings such as, but not limited to, policy meetings, events, media interactions, etc.
- Officers (Chair and Vice Chair) serve an additional one-year term, for a total of four years of service
- At the conclusion of service on the HIMSS North America Board of Directors, individuals provide one year of active service on the HIMSS North America Nominating Committee
As per by-laws, the HIMSS Nominating Committee will submit the slate of candidates to the HIMSS North America Board of Directors no later than November 30, 2017. The North America Board of Directors shall review the slate and shall either (i) elect such candidates to the Board in accordance with its procedures; or (ii) direct the Nominating Committee to make such changes as the Board deems necessary in its sole discretion. In the event the Board directs the Nominating Committee to solicit, review and recommend additional candidates, the Nominating Committee shall do so no later than January 31, 2018.
If you are unsure of whether or not you are a HIMSS Regular member, Life member, or senior executive from a Corporate / Non-Profit Partner member firm, please visit the HIMSS Member Center and access your member profile page. If your information is incorrect, you will have the opportunity to update it on the profile page. If you have any questions, please contact Denise Ambrose.
The deadline to submit the online application and all supporting documentation is August 18, 2017. Acknowledgement of submission receipt will be emailed to submitter within 48 business hours. Please contact Denise Ambrose immediately, if submitter does not receive a submission receipt.
For more information, please contact Denise Ambrose at email@example.com / (312) 758-3697.