STEPS to Value Season 1 Highlights
Season one of HIMSS’ podcast STEPS to Value ended this month, and I wanted to share with you some of the amazing conversations we had with thought leaders from across the health care & health IT industry. STEPS to Value is the HIMSS Value of Health IT Suite’s exclusive podcast focused on sharing best practices from health care organizations on how they have optimized the value of the health IT technologies, processes & people they have invested in during this time of great transformation in the way care is delivered.
Here are some of the great conversations we’ve had during season 1:
- Jacob Reider, co-founder of RS Partners and former Deputy National Coordinator at ONC, on the innovative use of technology, the promotion of benevolence in business and the opportunities that lay ahead for each of us to improve the health of our communities
- Fred Cox, Director of Information Security at Varian Medical Systems, on the impact ransomware is having on health IT
- Nancy Staggers & Ellen Makar, President of Summit Health Informatics & Program Official at AHRQ, on the major health IT user experience pain points nurses deal with during the daily clinical workflow
- Rene Cabral-Daniels, CEO at Community Network of Virginia, on how alternative payment models are going to revolutionize the role of the patient in their own care team.
- Robert Cothren, Executive Director at the California Association of Health Information Exchanges, on the importance of health information exchanges in this new value-focused landscape
- Ricky Bloomfield Jr., Director of Mobile Technology Strategy & hospitalist at Duke Medicine, on their integration of smartwatches into Duke’s HIT processes.
In addition to our regular season one programming, STEPS to Value also produced a series of special episodes focusing on the MACRA proposed rule. If you are looking for more information on the impact the proposed rule will have on your organization, you can learn more during the following episodes:
- Ten-Minute MACRA- What’s MACRA?
- Ten-Minute MACRA- Terms & Definitions
- Ten-Minute MACRA- What is MIPS?
- Ten-Minute MACRA- What are APMs?
- Ten-Minute MACRA- The Impact of Protecting Patient Health Information
- Ten-Minute MACRA- How Does the Quality Performance Category Affect Clinicians?
Listen to the full season one of STEPS to Value as the series gears up for season two starting in August.
Share your thoughts, your own value story or ideas on what we should be discussing in season two at firstname.lastname@example.org.