OJNI Submissions: Author Guidelines
We welcome voluntary submissions on a rolling basis. Manuscripts must represent original, unpublished material and represent a functional area of nursing informatics. Letter of inquiries to the OJNI Editorial Team are welcome. Manuscripts undergo a double-blind, peer review process. A decision to publish is based upon the reviews.
- Submit a blind copy (no author information should appear on the manuscript)
- Submit manuscript according to the APA 6th edition style guide
- Submit Manuscript Overview: Provide a 250 word abstract, five key words and identify themes, compelling quotes and statistics as a standalone file
- Submit images, tables and graphs separately. Tables and graphs must be submitted as an image (no wider than 500 pixels). Click here to learn how to convert tables/ graphs into an image.
Manuscripts are received with the understanding that they have not been previously published and are not under consideration for publication in any other journal. All manuscripts are subject to editing. The author assumes final responsibility for the content of the manuscript, including responding to author queries.
Cover Letter Requirements
- Title of Manuscript
- Name of authors (include credentials)*
- Contact information including: address, phone number, email address
*The principal author will be contacted regarding the manuscript.
OJNI requires all references to be submitted in APA 6th edition format. APA requires the references to be cited in two different ways, wihtin the text and in a reference list at the end of the paper.
Please ensure that all citations are complete before submission and are no more than five years old. For examples, rules and requirements, consult the 6th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
Submitting the Manuscript
If you do not receive confirmation of your submission within 5 days, please contact OJNI.
Principal Author's Responsibilities
Upon acceptance for publication, the principal author will:
- Approve the e-galley (electronic proof) and assume responsibility for the accuracy of the material as it appears
- Submit written e-mail approval for the e-galley as edited within the timeframe designated by OJNI
- Provide a biographical sketch for each author
- Grant permission to publish the manuscript and assign issue copyright to OJNI in writing via-email