SHS/HIMSS Excellence in Healthcare Management Engineering/Process Improvement Award
The Excellence in Healthcare Management Engineering/Process Improvement Award recognizes demonstrated leadership in implementing significant synergies between the process improvement and information technology professions. These contributions may be of a professional or technical nature, and may include research or development of improved processes (with or without technology), or exemplary contribution to the professional society.
The call for applications is now open and will close on Friday, October 10, 2014 at 5:00 pm Central (late applications will not be accepted). Winners will be notified by January 2015.
- Click on Call for Proposals (top, left side of page)
- Click on New Submissions (middle, left side page)
- Click on the Name of the Award or Scholarship you would like to apply for
General Eligibility Criteria
- Active member of both SHS and HIMSS
- Has demonstrated leadership in promoting the management engineering and/or process improvement profession
- Has demonstrated innovative and effective synergies in the profession of management engineering and/or process improvement
- Has advanced the professional level embraced by SHS and HIMSS
The Nomination Process
- Nominations are submitted using the online application
- Include a current resume or biographical profile
- A description of how the nominee meets the above Award criteria
Individuals currently serving on either the SHS or HIMSS board are ineligible.
Nomination Review and Selection Process
- All of the nomination materials are reviewed by the Award Selection Committee
- staff will forward the committee recommendation to the Board officers of both SHS and HIMSS for review and approval
- The recipient of the Award will be notified by staff
- The award will be announced within each society at the SHS Annual Conference and HIMSS Annual Conference
Pauline M. Hogan-Boym, MBA, FHIMSS, DSHS
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Members in Action
From 'Zero' to 'Healthcare Analytics Insights' in 3 WeeksVirtual Event
A General Overview of CPHIMS/CAHIMS for Organizational Affiliates MembersVirtual Event
National Cyber Security Awareness MonthVirtual Awareness Month