SHS/HIMSS Excellence in Healthcare Management Engineering/Process Improvement Award
The Excellence in Healthcare Management Engineering/Process Improvement Award recognizes demonstrated leadership in implementing significant synergies between the process improvement and information technology professions. These contributions may be of a professional or technical nature, and may include research or development of improved processes (with or without technology), or exemplary contribution to the professional society.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Active member of both SHS and HIMSS
- Has demonstrated leadership in promoting the management engineering and/or process improvement profession
- Has demonstrated innovative and effective synergies in the profession of management engineering and/or process improvement
- Has advanced the professional level embraced by SHS and HIMSS
The Nomination Process
- Nominations are submitted using the online application
- Include a current resume or biographical profile
- A description of how the nominee meets the above Award criteria
Individuals currently serving on either the SHS or HIMSS board are ineligible.
Nomination Review and Selection Process
- All of the nomination materials are reviewed by the Award Selection Committee
- staff will forward the committee recommendation to the Board officers of both SHS and HIMSS for review and approval
- The recipient of the Award will be notified by staff
- The award will be announced within each society at the SHS Annual Conference and HIMSS Annual Conference
Members in Action
AHIMA's 2014 ICD-10-CM/PCS & CAC SUMMITWashington D.C.
New York HIMSS Chapter | CPHIMS Training ClassNew York City
Texas HIMSS Chapters Regional Conference