The call for nominations are now closed. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose and History
The HIMSS Most Influential Women in Health IT Awards, recognizes influential women at all stages of their career progressions. The Awards celebrate those females harnessing the power of IT to transform health and healthcare, is unique among power lists and award programs; it’s inclusive of all women of influence, no matter where they may be in the health IT field. Recipients are selected by an Awards Selection Committee comprised of past recipients of this award.
HIMSS 2017 Recipients
Shareefa Alabdulmunem, MSc, CPHIMS
Marion J. Ball, Ed.D, FHIMSS, FACMI, FAAN, FAHIMA, FCHIME, FMLA
Rachelle Blake, PA, MHA
Christina Caraballo, MBA
Karen B. DeSalvo, MD, MPH, MSc
Karen Guice, MD, MPP
Lisa Stump, MS, RPh, FASHP
To be considered for the award, nominees must demonstrate the following:
- Ongoing commitment to harnessing the power of IT to positively transform health and healthcare;
- Active leadership of the effective use of IT in support of the strategic initiatives of her organization;
- Advancing importance of health IT to organizational leadership;
- Advancing the best use of IT within communities (i.e., using IT to improve patient safety, coordinated care, population health, wellness, access, and cost-effectiveness);
- Driving (a) qualitative benefits and/or (b) quantitative benefits of IT use within health settings;
- Driving innovation (thinking outside of the box) of health IT by an entity, communities, or populations;
- Transferring knowledge of health IT between/within departments, organizations, patients/clinicians, and/or communities; and
- Serving as a mentor to women colleagues seeking to enter, or advance within, the health IT field.
Additional Eligibility and Required Criteria
- Represents the highest standards of leadership in Health IT;
- Is respected and recognized as a role model to peers in the industry;
- Is not currently serving on one of HIMSS boards (HIMSS NA, HIMSS Analytics, PCHA, etc.);
- Cannot be currently employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS; and
- Nominees must agree, if they are selected for the Award to contribute to HIMSS a minimum of two pieces of content (blog postings, interview for podcast, participate in a Women in Health IT Roundtable webinar, etc.) which HIMSS may publish.
Previous award recipients who have won this award in the past five years are exempt from consideration. Please refrain from submitting a nomination for someone who fits this criteria.
The Nomination Process
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the award. Only completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form;
- A brief biographical sketch that demonstrates why the nominee should be considered for the award (1,500 words or less);
- Resume/curriculum vitae; and
- Two letters of recommendation.
HIMSS is pleased to be able to offer you two examples of quality biographical sketches to serve as references during the nomination process for the HIMSS Most Influential Women in Health IT Award.
If you would like to view all of the questions on the application, please view the PDF of Application. Please note we will only accept online applications. The PDF is only to be used as a guide.
The HIMSS Most Influential Women in Health IT Awards consists of:
- Symbol of recognition;
- Profiles of award recipients in a special section within Healthcare IT News, as well as recognition in the Women in Health IT section;
- Invitation to HIMSS18 Women in Health IT Roundtable Discussion, with excerpts also to be published in media vehicles outlined above;
- Complimentary invitation to the HIMSS18 Women in Health IT Networking Reception;
- Participating in a webinar, podcast interview, and/or writing one/series of blog posting(s), etc.
For more information, contact email@example.com.