Purpose & History
The HIMSS Most Influential Women in Health IT Awards, recognizes influential women at all stages of their career progressions. The Awards celebrate those female visionaries harnessing the power of IT to transform health and healthcare, is unique among power lists and award programs; it’s inclusive of all women of influence, no matter where they may be in the health IT field.
The recipient is selected jointly by a judging panel of influential women and in future years, the winners will be asked to serve on the panel the following year.
The call for applications is now closed. Recipients will be notified in January 2017.
Eligibility and required criteria
- Demonstrates ongoing commitment to harnessing the power of IT to positively transform health and healthcare;
- Demonstrates active leadership of the effective use of IT in support of the strategic initiatives of her organization;
- Is respected and recognized as a leader by colleagues and the field;
- Is neither a current member of one of HIMSS’s Board of Directors, nor employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with HIMSS
- If an Awardee, recipient agrees to contribute two pieces of content (i.e. blog, social article, present on Women in Health IT Roundtable webinar).
The Nomination Process
Any person meeting the eligibility requirements may nominate themselves for the Award, or be nominated by a colleague.
Only completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered. The application will require:
- A brief biographical sketch (1,500 words or less) including examples below:
- Advancing importance of health IT to organizational leadership;
- Advancing the best use of IT within communities (i.e., using IT to improve patient safety, coordinated care, pophealth, wellness, access, and cost-effectiveness);
- Driving (a) qualitative benefits and/or (b) quantitative benefits of IT use within health settings
- Driving innovation (thinking out of the box) of health IT by an entity, communities, or populations
- Transferring knowledge on health IT between/within departments, organizations, patients/clinicians, and/or communities;
- Serving as a mentor to women colleagues seeking to enter, or advance within, the health IT field
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Resume/curriculum vitae – provide both employment history and notable achievements for each position held.
The HIMSS Influential Women in Health IT Awards consists of:
- Symbol of Recognition;
- Profiles of award recipients in a special section within Healthcare IT News, as well as recognition in HealthCareItNews.com/Women in HIT section;
- Invitation to HIMSS17 Women in Health IT Roundtable Discussion, with excerpts also to be published in media vehicles outlined above;
- Complimentary invitation to the HIMSS17 Women in Health IT Reception and a complimentary registration for the recipient and a guest to the Women in Health IT Awards Dinner;
- Invitation to speak at one or more various HIMSS events (any invitation tendered would include business travel expenses being covered by HIMSS);
- Request to serve on the Awards Selection Committee for a two-year term;
- Participating in a podcast interview and/or writing one/series of blog posting(s), etc.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.