Syndromic Surveillance Data Submission
Capability to submit electronic syndromic surveillance data to public health agencies, except where prohibited, and in accordance with applicable law and practice.
Successful ongoing submission of electronic syndromic surveillance data from Certified EHR Technology to a public health agency for the entire EHR reporting period.
Exclusion: Any eligible hospital or CAH that meets one or more of the following criteria may be excluded from this objective:
- Does not have an emergency or urgent care department;
- Operates in a jurisdiction for which no public health agency is capable of receiving electronic syndromic surveillance data in the specific standards required by Certified EHR Technology at the start of their EHR reporting period;
- Operates in a jurisdiction where no public health agency provides information timely on capability to receive syndromic surveillance data; or
- Operates in a jurisdiction for which no public health agency that is capable of accepting the specific standards required by Certified EHR Technology at the start of their EHR reporting period can enroll additional eligible hospitals or CAHs.
Eligible hospitals or CAHs must attest YES to meeting one of the following criteria under the umbrella of ongoing submission:
- Ongoing submission was already achieved for an EHR reporting period in a prior year and continues throughout the current EHR reporting period.
- Registration with the public health agency or other body to whom the information is being submitted of intent to initiate ongoing submission was made by the deadline (within 60 days of the start of the EHR reporting period) and ongoing submission was achieved.
- Registration of intent to initiate ongoing submission was made by the deadline and the EP or hospital is still engaged in testing and validation of ongoing electronic submission.
- Registration of intent to initiate ongoing submission was made by the deadline and the EP or hospital is awaiting invitation to begin testing and validation