Usability of Clinical Information Technology
While this continues to be a developing science, recognized elements that enhance the human to computer interface are now being incorporated in health information technologies. Ease of data capture and clear presentation of relevant data continue to evolve.
- Customizable templates for capturing information
- Ability to record nuances of assessment and impressions
- Well displayed relevant recent data and information
- Access to longitudinal and historical care data
- Trended clinical data (graphs and charts)
- Consistency with standardized User Centric Design Usability Test characteristics