Clinical Quality Measures - CY 2016
eCQM Attestation Requirements, Reporting Periods, and Submission Deadlines
- For 2016, EPs may meet the eCQM component of Meaningful Use by
- attesting to collecting data on 9 of the 64 available eCQMs found in the MU Stage 2 Final Rule menu covering 3 of the 6 National Quality Domains
- using 2014 or 2015 CEHRT.
- For 2016, returning MU EPs choosing to attest must collect and report CQM data for the full calendar year (January 1, 2016-December 31, 2016)
- In 2016. First Time MU EPs have the option of collecting and reporting CQM data for any consecutive 90 day period within the calendar year.
- The CQM attestation deadline for first year MU EPs and returning MU EPs is February 28, 2017
- Attestation will not meet eCQM reporting requirements for PQRS, CPC, and/or MSSP.
CQM eReporting Option Requirements
- EPs choosing to electronically report eCQMs in 2016 must submit eCQMs to CMS must:
- use 2014 or 2015 CEHRT, an EHR Submission Vendor with 2014 or 2015 CEHRT, or through a Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR)
- utilize QRDA with the most recent measure specifications (published in the CMS CQM Annual Update-May 2016) to report to the PQRS portal, OR
- (for groups) use the GPRO web interface
- For this option, participating EP’s eCQM data will be publically reported on www.PhysicianCompare.gov
- Final EP CQM Reporting Requirements will be finalized in the 2016 Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule (expected publication date: October, 2015.)
- Successful electronic submission of CQMs will meet the CQM reporting requirements for MU, PQRS, CPC, and MSSP with one submission.