The HIMSS Value Score is an analysis tool that allows healthcare provider organizations to measure and manage their strategic decisions regarding the return on their health IT investments, implementations and usage in the pursuit of increased operational productivity and higher quality clinical outcomes at the unit, department, and enterprise level. The HIMSS Value Score measures your organization’s progress in gaining the most benefits from your health IT investments and identifies opportunities for improvement in accordance with five key categories through the Value STEPS value optimization framework:
- Electronic Secure Data
- Patient Engagement and Population Management
With over 50 years of experience and access to over one million experts worldwide, HIMSS has long been a trusted source and thought leader in developing a framework for health IT success and accreditation along with bringing the market together on common goals. Upon entering the next phase of technology and innovation, healthcare will need a new, truly universal standard and model for value – the Value Score will fill that void.
Value Score Benefits
For C-Suite and Senior Executives
- Track and report progress to key stakeholders on your organization’s efforts to maximize health IT operational and clinical benefits
- Build value-focused strategies for future health IT investments
- Focus resources more efficiently on population health management and emerging value-based payment models
- Assess the gaps and identify opportunities in your value optimization strategies
- Establish a value benchmark against which you can measure your organizational and clinical benefits
- Strengthen your business while improving the relationship with your patient population
For Federal/State/Local Public Health Facilities
- Demonstrate how publicly funded healthcare organizations have optimized value to achieve the triple aim of improving population health, enhancing the patient experience, and reducing the per capita cost of health care
With the move towards value-based care, the international healthcare community can now look beyond initial adoption and toward a broader, all-encompassing way to measure the clinical, operational and financial value of health IT. The Value Score is a combination of HIMSS' core competencies and is the natural next step in the continual evolution towards better care and outcomes for patients and providers.