Clinical & Business Intelligence Community
Clinical and business intelligence is the aggregation, analysis, and use of clinical, financial, operational, and non-traditional data captured inside and out of the healthcare setting to directly inform decision-making. Leveraging the power of clinical and business intelligence improves our nation’s entire healthcare system as well as the medical and economic wellness of patients.
HIMSS’s Clinical and Business Community will help you leverage the power of clinical and business intelligence to positively impact patient care delivery, health outcomes, and business operations through:
- Sharing practical guidance and unbiased information on how to harness these healthcare data
- Facilitating peer-to-peer networking, problem-solving, solution sharing, and education
- Engaging with peers and fellow industry leaders
Our virtual learning sessions feature topics such as:
- Data aggregation and access through EDW, HIE and cloud solutions
- Data management, validation, quality, and integration
- Descriptive, retrospective, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Governance – data and program
- Reporting, dashboards, and visualization techniques
- Resource management
- Population health management, including attribution and risk stratification
- Precision health
- Predictive modeling
- Staffing and skills development
C&BI Community Webinars and Events
Register for the Clinical and Business Intelligence Community webinar series, featuring industry and community members sharing knowledge and best practices to help you leverage the power of clinical and business intelligence to positively impact patient care delivery, health outcomes, and business operations. Webinars occur quarterly on the fourth Thursday, 1:00 pm Eastern / 12:00 pm Central.
HIMSS20 C&BI Community Reception. Mix and mingle with peers and colleagues to foster professional relationships that will help you on your journey to turn data into action.
- Wed. March 11, 5:30-6:30 | Orlando, FL | OCCC, Value of Health Pavilion, Hall A, Booth 680, Theater | Register now
C&BI-related Virtual Learning in the HIMSS eLearning Center
Check out all the valuable C&BI-related courses and webinars in the eLearning Center, including:
C&BI-related HIMSS Regional Events
HIMSS regional events offer a one-of-a-kind in-person experience to dig further into your subject matter and meet your peers.
Machine Learning & AI for Healthcare, a HIMSS Event | Mon. March 9, 2020 | Orlando, FL
C&BI-related Partner Events
Join our partners and fellow HIMSS members at these informative events to network and learn.
- Check back soon for more information
HIMSS Clinical & Business Intelligence Committee
The HIMSS Clinical & Business Intelligence Committee is responsible for creating thought leadership, resources and tools to support the needs of our members and the healthcare industry. Our area of focus will be to employ unbiased information to help healthcare organizations use clinical and business intelligence to harness, use and analyze data captured in the healthcare setting to execute population health management initiatives and improve care and health outcomes. The application period for this and all Committees generally opens in April.
Volunteer to be a Speaker for a HIMSS Clinical & Business Intelligence Community Webinar
If you are a VP, C-suite executive, Director, government official, or academic in the healthcare sector, or an allied sector, who wants to present on the topic of clinical & business intelligence, then please submit your topic and a brief description of your speaking proposal for a 30-minute presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposals must be vendor-neutral and educational in nature.