Nominations Now Open
Make someone’s day and nominate them for the ACCE/HIMSS Excellence in Clinical Engineering and Information Technology Synergies Award. The call for nominations will close on Monday, July 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. CT. Award recipients will be notified in November 2018. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
HIMSS 2018 Recipient
Axel Wirth, CPHIMS, CISSP, HCISPP
Purpose and History
The ACCE-HIMSS Excellence in Clinical Engineering and Information Technology Synergies Award recognizes leadership in promoting and implementing synergies between the clinical engineering and information and technology professions with contributions either professional or technical in nature. The Boards of Directors of both organizations jointly select the recipient.
The recipient of the Excellence in Clinical Engineering and Information Technology Synergies Award is selected jointly by the Boards of Directors of the American College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE) and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
To be considered for the award, nominees must demonstrate the following:
- Leadership in promoting and implementing synergies between the clinical engineering and information and technology professions with contributions either professional or technical in nature.
Additional Eligibility and Required Criteria
- Has demonstrated innovative leadership through effective use of technology in support of the strategic initiatives of his/her organization;
- Represents the highest standards of leadership in health information technology;
- Is respected and recognized as a role model to peers in the industry;
- Has participated significantly in either leadership or organizational activities of ACCE or HIMSS (i.e. Board of Directors, Board Appointed Committee, etc.);
- Has advanced the professional standards embraced by HIMSS and ACCE;
- Has made outstanding contributions to the principles for which HIMSS and ACCE stand, including but not limited to:
- Supporting and participating in lifelong learning opportunities; and
- Supporting and promoting HIMSS and/or ACCE as a recognized thought leader in the industry;
- Current membership in good standing of HIMSS and ACCE;
- Is not currently serving on one of the HIMSS or ACCE Board of Directors;
- Cannot be currently employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS; and
- Award judges are ineligible to be nominated.
Previous award recipients who have won this award in the past five years are exempt from consideration. Please refrain from submitting a nomination for someone who fits this criteria.
The Nomination Process
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the award. Only completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form;
- A brief biographical sketch that demonstrates why the nominee should be considered for the award (1,000 words or less);
- Resume/curriculum vitae; and
- One letter of recommendation from a colleague.
The ACCE/HIMSS Clinical Engineering and Information Technology Synergies Award consists of:
- Symbol of recognition;
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS publication and on relevant website(s).
The award may be made to an individual from the clinical engineering or information technology professions or may be shared between two individuals from the clinical engineering and information technology professions who have cooperated in their efforts.
For more information, contact email@example.com.