Nominations Now Closed
The call for nominations is now closed. Award recipients will be notified in November 2018. For more information, contact email@example.com.
HIMSS 2019 Recipient
Nancy Beale, MSN, RNBC
Purpose and History
The HIMSS-ANI Nursing Informatics Leadership Award recognizes a nursing informatics leader who demonstrates significant leadership contributions by optimizing health engagements and care outcomes through information and technology. This award is given to an individual for success and achievement as a nursing informatics leader in a provider, supplier, or academic organization, or a professional society. The recipient is selected jointly by the HIMSS North America (NA) Board of Directors and the Governing Directors of the Alliance for Nursing Informatics (ANI).
To be considered for the award, nominees must demonstrate the following:
- Currently employed as a nursing informatics leader in a provider, supplier, academic organization, or a professional society;
- Leadership in Nursing Informatics, including but not limited to clinical systems development, education, implementation and/or optimization towards advancing the health status of patients and consumers; and
- Application of clinical systems tools and techniques impacting clinician workflow efficiency and/or productivity.
Additional Eligibility and Required Criteria
- Has demonstrated active nursing informatics leadership through effective use of information and technology in support of the strategic initiatives of his/her organization;
- Represents the highest standards of leadership in health information and technology;
- Is respected and recognized as a role model to peers in the industry;
- Has advanced the professional standards embraced by HIMSS and ANI;
- Has made outstanding contributions to the principles for which HIMSS and ANI stand, including but not limited to:
- Supporting and participating in lifelong learning opportunities; and
- Supporting and promoting HIMSS and/or ANI as a recognized thought leader in the industry.
- Current membership in good standing with HIMSS and/or an ANI member organization;
- Nominees must be a member in good standing for five consecutive years of HIMSS or any of the other ANI member organizations;
- Is not currently serving on one of HIMSS boards (HIMSS NA, HIMSS Analytics, PCHA, etc.) or the ANI Governing Directors;
- Cannot be currently employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS; an
- Award judges are ineligible to be nominated.
Previous award recipients who have won this award in the past five years are exempt from consideration. Please refrain from submitting a nomination for someone who fits this criteria.
The Nomination Process
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the award. Only completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form;
- A brief biographical sketch that demonstrates why the nominee should be considered for the award (1,000 words or less);
- A concise description of the person’s contribution and notable achievements for a single exceptional contribution, for a sustained contribution, or for a lifetime of exceptional leadership; and
- Two letters of recommendation from HIMSS and/or ANI members.
The HIMSS-ANI Nursing Informatics Leadership Award consists of:
- Symbol of recognition;
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS and ANI publication and on relevant website(s);
- Opportunity to serve on the Awards Selection Committee for the subsequent year.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Catherine Ivory, PhD, RNC-OB, RN, BC
2017 Dana Alexander, RN, MSN, MBA, FAAN, FHIMSS
2016 Mary Beth Mitchell, MSN, RN-BC, CPHIMS
2015 Michelle R. Troseth, RN, MSN, DPNAP, FAAN
2014 Willa Fields, DNSc, RN, FHIMSS
2013 Robin S. Raiford, BSN, RN-BC, CPHIMS, FHIMSS
2012 Carol Bickford, PhD, RN-BC, CPHIMS & Kathleen Smith, MScEd, RN-BC, FHIMSS
2011 Elizabeth Johnson, MS, FCHIME, FHIMSS, CHCIO, RN-BC
2010 Ida Androwich, FAAN, FHIMSS, PhD, RN-BC
2009 Rosemary Kennedy, PhD, RN, MBA, FAAN
2008 Patricia Dykes, PhD, RN, FAAN, FACMI
2007 Judy Murphy, RN, FACMI, FHIMSS, FAAN
2006 Joyce Sensmeier, MS, RN-BC, CPHIMS, FHIMSS
2005 Victoria Bradley, DNP, RN, CPHIMS, FHIMSS