Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) has been discussed for years but finding the middle ground to enable data while locking it down remains a struggle. Join the Oregon Chapter of HIMSS for a discussion on key questions for securing the edge of the healthcare enterprise, including:
- What is the value proposition for the user?
- How do you protect the data?
- What are the policies, strategies and solutions for the long-term balance of data access vs lock down?
This event panel will explore the current landscape of data uses, existing and emerging clinical devices and their varied clinical and personal uses cases. The panel will also discuss the challenges of balancing users’ wants and needs with established programs and policies.
Data and Security experts from St Charles Health System, Providence/St Joseph, and Kaiser Permanente will share their approaches and learnings and all attendees can share insights and ask questions in this interactive panel/audience discussion.
Who Should Attend: Health IT, Security, Risk Management, Compliance, those who support care delivery, vendors trying to learn more about the business, clinical and mobile data.
- Steve Scott, ISO, St. Charles Health System
- Andy Zechnich, CMIO, Oregon Region, Providence St Joseph Health
- David Strickland, VP / Regional CIO, Kaiser Permanente – Northwest
6 to 6:30pm – Networking, appetizers, and beverages
6:30 to 8pm – Presentation and audience Q&A