All healthcare organizations recruit and promote employees who obtain and maintain certifications to validate their knowledge and competency– this is also true for healthcare informatics. The Central North Florida Chapter of the Health Information Management & Systems Society (HIMSS) - the global leader for this field - is offering a review course for the CPHIMS/CAHIMS certification which is recognized as the “premier” professional certification in health information technology (HIT). The CPHIMS/CAHIMS certification is the “gold standard” in health IT, which provides evidence that the certificate holders have demonstrated an established level of job-related knowledge, skills and abilities and are competent practitioners of health IT.
Benefits of CPHIMS Certification
- Demonstrate that you meet an industry standard of professional knowledge and competence in healthcare information and management systems
- Increase credibility with your employer
- Distinguish yourself and expand your career opportunities
- Gain a sense of personal and professional achievement
- Show commitment to lifelong learning and professional development
- Join a network of CPHIMS certified professionals across the globe
Areas Covered in the Review Course
- General Environmental Knowledge (Healthcare Environment and Technology Environment);
- Systems Knowledge (Analysis, Design, Selection, Implementation, Support and Maintenance, Testing and Evaluation, Privacy and Security); and
- Administrative Knowledge (Leadership and Management).