Advance your career and distinguish yourself in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Gain skills and tools to help you make a difference in your organization and your community. Demonstrate your commitment to continuing professional development.
CPHIMS certification is the “gold standard” in health IT, which provides evidence that the certificate holders have demonstrated an established level of job-related knowledge, skills and abilities and are competent practitioners of health IT. The Greater Illinois Chapter’s CPHIMS Review Course is an excellent source of a health IT body of knowledge that spans three broad knowledge categories involving a total of nine topic areas:
- General Environmental Knowledge (Healthcare Environment and Technology Environment);
- Systems Knowledge (Analysis, Design, Selection, Implementation, Support and Maintenance, Testing and Evaluation, Privacy and Security); and
- Administrative Knowledge (Leadership and Management)
This one-day, in-person Review Course will provide an interactive and fast-paced survey to aid in the knowledge transfer process, and is an excellent review of each CPHIMS topic, ensuring you are familiar with all areas covered by the CPHIMS exam. We are offering an option to take the exam right after the course. We are limited to 25 participants.
Price for the Review Course:
You will receive additional instructions and materials after signing up for the course. You are responsible for printing your own materials.
The review course includes a light breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages.
Candidates must apply for the exam via the HIMSS website. Once the application is approved, candidate will be sent an Authorization to Test (ATT) email with instructions for how to schedule the exam. The candidate will be given an Eligibility ID#.
Click here for eligibility information CPHIMS Handbook
Price for the Exam:
- Organizational Affiliate 295.00
- Regular, Corporate or Student $325.00
- Non Member - $ 410.00
The review class will be taught by our own Dr. Lisa Janeway and Lauren Wiesman.
Dr. Lisa Janeway DNP, RN, BC-NI, CPHIMS
Dr. Lisa Janeway holds the position of Nurse Informaticist at Northwestern Medicine Healthcare (Chicago, Il) in the Health Informatics Department. She has been working in the field of I.T. for over 18 years and has extensive experience in the implementation,optimization and maintainance of clinical information systems in both academic and community-based settings. She has held a variety of positions including clinical application analyst, project manager, team lead, and manager. Lisa also serves as adjunct faculty at Resurrection University in Chicago, teaching informatics to Master and Doctoral students.
- graduated with a bachelors degree in Nursing and a minor in Psychology from Lewis University, Romeoville, Illinois. She completed her Master's Degree in Nursing in 2009 from Lewis University with a specialty of Education. Lisa recently graduated with a Doctor of Nursing Practice in 2018 from Loyola University, Chicago in Healthcare Informatics. She is board certified in Nursing Informatics by the American Nurse Credentialing Center (2002) and also a Certified Health Professional in Health Information Management Systems (2016).
- has been on the board of directors of the Greater Illinois Chapter for the past 3.5 years and currently holds the position of Professional Development Chair. Lisa is a Co-Chair of the Nursing Big Data Science Mobile Health work group. She is a member of Sigma Theta Tau the National Honor Society Of Nursing, the American Medical Informatics Association and the America Nursing Informatics Association. Lisa was selected to be one of the trainers at the HIMSS 2019 National Conference in Orlando.
Lauren Wiseman MSN, RN, CPHIMS
Lauren has over 35 years of healthcare experience and a long-standing interest in HIT. She is currently employed as the Clinical Data Analyst, Practice Coordinator for the Illinois Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (ILHITREC). Wiseman works with Eligible Clinicians throughout the state of Illinois to meet regulatory and quality measures for Medicaid EHR incentive program and the Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative. As a member of HIMSS for several years she has previously served as the Chapter Advocacy Chair and Vice Chair. Currently Lauren is the President-Elect of the Greater Illinois Chapter and a member of the Chapter Advocacy Roundtable. She earned a BSN from Maryville University and a MSN from Duke University. Lauren holds the CPHIMS Certification and is an active member of the American Nurses Association (ANA).