National Nurses Week: Part 2 of 2
Career opportunities are vast for individuals pursuing and/or progressing in nursing informatics. In conjunction with National Nurses Week and the second installment of the two-part series, three nurses share their journeys as an entrepreneur, hospital & academia, and market supplier role in nursing informatics.
HIMSS joins the American Nurses Association (ANA), the Alliance for Nursing Informatics (ANI), and numerous other partners in celebrating National Nurses Week, held May 6-12, 2019. The purpose of this week-long celebration is to raise awareness of the value of nursing and help educate the public about the role nurses play in meeting the healthcare needs of Americans. Join us in celebrating the nurses of our nation, who are at the forefront of improving patient care and transforming healthcare.
- Explore the various career paths that one can pursue in nursing informatics.
- Examine an informatics nurses specialist’s key milestones to a career as a nurse entrepreneur, hospital & academia, and market supplier role.
- Understand the value of nursing informatics and its vital role in healthcare and beyond.
- Whende Carroll, MSN, RN-BC, Founder, Nurse Evolution, Entrepreneur
- Cathy Ivory, PhD, RNC-OB, RN, BC, Associate Chief Nurse Executive, Indiana University Health, Hospital & Academia
- Judy Murphy, RN, FACMI, FHIMSS, FAAN, Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), IBM, Market Supplier