HIMSS-NCPDP Pharmacy Town Hall Series: Part 2 of 3
This educational webinar will discuss the important standards work being done to facilitate medication cost transparency and workflow efficiency across healthcare stakeholders – prescribers, pharmacies, payers/PBMs, and patients. As co-leads of the NCPDP’s Real Time Prescription Benefit Standard Task Group, the presenters will provide updates to work related to the national standards for cost transparency and provide practical examples of the impact the standards are having within care delivery. Mr. McNeil and Mr. Pinsonneault will also share insights on future innovations in cost transparency.
- Identify the state of “Real-Time Prescription Benefit” processing services in the United States
- Describe the efforts of the National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP) to create a real-time prescription benefit transaction format
- Identify currently planned and future messaging capabilities of NCPDP’s Real-Time Prescription Benefit transaction
- Describe the industry challenges of adopting a Real-Time Prescription Benefit transaction
- Identify the stakeholder benefits for Real-Time Prescription Benefit
Tim McNeil, NSC, Director of Standards, Surescripts LLC
Roger Pinsonneault, R.Ph., VP of Product Innovation, Gemini Health
View past Pharmacy Town Hall Webinars here.