HIMSS-NCPDP Pharmacy Town Hall Series: Part 3 of 3
By 2020, a projected 9 out of 10 top-selling drugs by revenue will be Specialty. The current process for exchanging data, including prescription data, regarding specialty medications is complex and manual, taking days to weeks to begin a patient on therapy. This webinar will provide insight on the patient experience and guidance on how to become involved in creating solutions to improve care for Specialty patients. The webinar will include an overview of the current Specialty pharmacy process; highlight electronic transactions available to improve patient care; and provide guidance on how to become involved in future enhancements.
- Describe 2 ways that the lack of standardization impacts specialty pharmacy patients.
- Outline the current Specialty process flows.
- Describe the current specialty process burdens on stakeholders.
- Review the current electronic transactions available impacting Specialty to improve patient care.
- Identify 2 ways healthcare stakeholders can participate in NCPDP’s development of standardized transactions for specialty pharmacy.
Pooja Babbrah, PBM Practice Lead, Point-of-Care Partners
Julie Hessick, Director, Clinical and Regulatory Affairs, CoverMyMeds, LLC
Laura Topor, President, Granada Health, Inc.
Kathy Lewis, Director, Product Innovation, Surescripts
Continuing Education Credits for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will be available for this webinar.
View past Pharmacy Town Hall Webinars here.