While VA HIMSS has different types of WHIT events such as speakers and panelists discussing issues in healthcare related to women, and mentoring sessions for women, THIS event will be a workshop focused on personal and professional growth for women in healthcare IT. Please join us for an amazing day of thinking outside of the box!
Objective: Create a space for women to feel empowered, establish and build meaningful relationships and provide an opportunity for women to feel successful in their chosen career.
What will participants get out of the workshop?
Gain awareness of the boxes (artificial and limiting boundaries) in our lives (and, in particular, our jobs and career path). Examples include:
- Self-confidence – Lack of courage in speaking up or idea sharing
- Creativity and innovation – Fixed vs. growth mindset
- Risks – Going by the book, not challenging the status quo
- Diversity and inclusion - Unconscious bias
- Regulation – Assumptions made about what can or cannot be done
- Roles – Feeling limited in career by personal/career role-based responsibilities (e.g. mother)
- Relationships – Making assumptions around communication, interactions, social status
- Understand the impact of those boxes on your life, your organization & your career
- Inspiration - Hear amazing stories about how other women have overcome challenges or made significant changes in their jobs and careers.
- Consider and envision life beyond the boxes - Using proven tools, gain better awareness of personal areas of limitation. Learn how to overcome those self-limiting beliefs and see what success can really look like!
- Build a network of support to help extend beyond perceived limits.
About Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden: Nominated by USA Today for Best Botanical Garden! Attendees of the workshop will have access to the Gardens immediately following the workshop. The Butterfly Exhibit and Art of Play will be available. Plus, workshop attendees may visit A Million Blooms, peak bloom time and the Garden’s celebration of spring.
For those traveling, the Hampton Inn in Virginia Center Commons offers a Lewis Ginter Rate.