Join the North Carolina Chapter of HIMSS for their upcoming Weekend Immersion in Nursing Informatics Conference. This class is limited to 50 students, and will include breakfast and lunch.
- Examine theories, models, and frameworks that could be used in healthcare and nursing informatics practice, education, administration, and research domains.
- Distinguish among the terms human factors, ergonomics, human-computer interaction and usability.
- Discuss system planning concepts.
- Describe available hardware, software, and communications components for a healthcare information management solution.
- Identify strategies to establish a solution.
- Develop an implementation plan and project management plan for an information systems plan.
- Evaluate the implementation of a healthcare IS solution.
- Identify opportunities to contribute to local, state, national, and international informatics initiatives.
- Assess readiness to complete the ANCC certification examination for nursing informatics.