Thinking Outside Your Box
The UnBoxed WorkshopTM is a signature KickStart immersion workshop that challenges participants to become aware of and change: their mindset, as well as how they look at themselves and others.
- Gain awareness of a few of the boxes (artificial and limiting boundaries in our lives, jobs and career, including:
- Self-confidence (lack of courage in speaking up or idea sharing)
- Creativity and innovation (fixed vs. growth mindset)
- Risks (going by the book and not challenging the status quo)
- Diversity and inclusion (unconscious bias)
- Regulations (assumptions made about what can/cannot be done)
- Roles (feeling limited in career by person/career role-based responsibilities)
- Relationships (making assumptions around communication, interactions, social status)
- Inspiration – hear amazing stories about how others have overcome challenges or made significant changes in their jobs and careers
- Consider life beyond the boxes, overcome self-limiting beliefs and see what success can really look like!
- Strengthen your network of support to extend beyond perceived limits
Logistics: September 9, 2019; 9am – 3:30pm at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens, Richmond VA; Continental Breakfast and Lunch included; Followed by networking hour 3:30-4:30 on Azalea Terrace
Registration: $130 before 8/15; then $150 per person, members. $140 before 8/15; then $160 per person, nonmembers.
Who should attend: Men and Women in roles delivering and/or supporting Health IT who are interested in changing and expanding their mindset, working better in teams, establishing and building meaningful relationships and feeling empowered/successful in their chosen careers in healthcare IT. (i.e., CIO, CISO, Directors, emerging leaders)