Prepare for the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CPHIMSSM) professional certification from HIMSS. Increase your knowledge, competence, credibility and commitment to your career and continuing education.
This live, virtual course is led by a HIMSS-approved instructor in real time. This is a 10-hour course, occurring in 2.5-hour increments across four days of learning, and is aligned with the CPHIMS Outline of Exam Topics. Each class covers CPHIMS competency areas using materials from the CPHIMS Review Guide, fourth edition and other supplementary materials, all delivered in a highly interactive environment.
Should you not be able to attend a specific date/time, sessions are recorded and shared the same day as the class.
- Healthcare and Technology Environments
- Clinical Informatics
- Healthcare Information and Systems Management
- Selection, Implementation, Support and Maintenance
- Testing and Evaluation
- Privacy and Security
- Management and Leadership
- Explore components of the CPHIMS competency areas.
- Articulate the opportunities and challenges in the healthcare environment, while addressing the technological components needed to deliver patient care.
- Identify basic clinical and healthcare vocabulary, terms and metrics frequently represented in healthcare informatics.
- Describe the components of the implementation development life cycle in a healthcare setting by identifying those concepts required from initial inception of an idea through implementation and support and maintenance.
- Describe the importance of the many administrative aspects of health information and technology from the perspective of protecting health information to ensuring that the leadership and management functions of the healthcare setting are identified and understood.
- Implement studying and test taking skills and tips that can be utilized to further prepare for taking the exam.
2023 Course Dates
- Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm CT
- Thursday, December 7, 2023, 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm CT
- Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm CT
- Thursday, December 14, 2023, 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm CT
Registration for each course is accepted through the first day of the course.
Questions? Please reach out to us at HIMSSprofessionaldevelopment@himss.org.