Join the Interoperability and HIE Community on June 17 at 12:00 pm CT as they explore the Immunization Integration Program (IIP) to recognize the challenges and opportunities to immunization interoperability and information sharing. With an influx of inquiries to immunization information systems and an increased focus on adult immunization, information data sharing and clinical decision support are key to successful data capture.
In this roundtable, take a deep dive into the importance of data quality, impact on public health surveillance and clinical care, and opportunities to adopt solutions across public and private sectors with key members from the program who participate in the IIP Acknowledgements Workgroup.
After this Roundtable, attendees should be able to:
- Discuss how the IIP can improve immunization data quality and use through collaboration, measurement and technical support.
- Identify existing opportunities to improve immunization interoperability.
- Explore innovative cross-sector efforts to drive the adoption of solutions to improve information sharing and access by clinicians and public health.
- Melissa McClung, MSPH, Immunization Integration Program Director, American Immunization Registry Association
- Jacqueline Logan, MPH, Epidemiologist, Immunization Program, Tennessee Department of Health
- Amit Popat, Integration Standards and Regulations, Epic / IIP Acknowledgements Committee Co-chair
- Stuart Weinberg, MD, FAAP, FAMIA, Associate Professor, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of Biomedical Informatics
The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.